What's new

Viaje Super Shot 12 Gauge

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I had never tried a Viaje before and I received this one from Shadowcam on the Make a Wish Pass...So I was kinda excited, altho I understand (acording to some) the blend its really different from other Viajes.

Gorgeous good looking cigar, right? Closed foot, btw.

Country of Origin: Honduras
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Size: 3 1/4 x 52
Vitola: Nub

- Good draw (on the loose side)
- Great construction...almost a "sexy" cigar...i mean, look at the picture again! Really dark and oily wrapper.
- Medium to full taste. Pepper as a finish, some sweetness, earth and leather tones with nuttiness...
- Full body (med at first)...this stuff hit me like crazy even after tons of meat as dinner!
- Great ash, you can see it holded really good.
- Good burn, had to give 2 touch-ups. Burns warm and then really hot at the end.

Some may think this small cigar will take you 30minutes...WRONG. It lasted 45 to 50 minutes...And I thought it would be a fast smoke...

Conclusion = Would buy, but let it age to see if it gets a lot better.

Attachments

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Nice review. I really like this stick and like you said, it is a little bit sexy. I like the 12ga slightly better than the 10ga, but I agree that a little time will make these even better. Picking up a box of these is going to prove slightly difficult.

Again, nice review

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Thanks for the review! I wish these were longer. I personally will not buy another $8-10 smoke that isn't atleast a Toro or even Robusto size. It's getting rediculous.

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Glad you enjoyed the cigar. Its one of my favorites right now. The MSRP on this stick was $6 and that's what I paid. If it was $8-$10, I would pass on them as well. It's not an overly complex cigar. It does a stay with same flavor profile throughout the whole stick but it's one I enjoy very much. I am not a fan of Viaje's LE marketing though. If you like one of their sticks, you have to jump on them fast. It works for them... They got my $.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
These are $8-10?? If thats the case, I'll pass.
Glad you enjoyed the cigar. Its one of my favorites right now. The MSRP on this stick was $6 and that's what I paid. If it was $8-$10, I would pass on them as well. It's not an overly complex cigar. It does a stay with same flavor profile throughout the whole stick but it's one I enjoy very much. I am not a fan of Viaje's LE marketing though. If you like one of their sticks, you have to jump on them fast. It works for them... They got my $.
Yeah, read it was $6.00 the retail. Above that price, I wouldn't buy it. I'm eager to try any other Viajes if I can get some here in Louisville, and see whats so cool about em.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The new Viaje's are all quite good WMD, FOAB, MOAB, shot shells). I was kind of surprised after the very mediocre Fat Man and Little Boy.

Nice review. I agree with the smoke time...lasts longer than it seems like it should.

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
These are $8-10?? If thats the case, I'll pass.
Agreed, and I would not recommend these for my first Viaje! Viaje are probably the worst cigar to smoke ROTT IMO, and these are one of my least favorite from them. If you can find a holiday blend or any WLP I would give them a try.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I enjoyed this stick quite a bit! I enjoyed the full bore strength and peppery flavors. Earlier in the week I tried the stuffed turkey and it was horrible. It tasted like a head shop(the mixed incense flavors)

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
This is one of the better Viajes out there, great stick. Only problem is that it burns HOT so your fingers get burned if you're not careful.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
This is one of the better Viajes out there, great stick. Only problem is that it burns HOT so your fingers get burned if you're not careful.
Definitely it REALLY gets hot at the end but it is really good. Trying to see if I can find another one while staying in the USA, so I can age it.

Thanks for the review. You have convinced me to add it to my must try list
Haha, excellent! Let us know if you like it!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Curious, how many different Viaje blends have you tried that you would think the SS is one of their best?:scratchhe
Different strokes. The Skull and Bones is probably my favorite Viaje blend, though I like the Exclusivo (lancero in particular) and a couple others. Haven't tried the SS yet, but have a 10-er resting.

$6/stick is a bit steep for this size smoke, but we'll see.