130   0   0
Viaje Holiday Blend 2010

Petit Robusto
Wrapper: Criollo 98
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaragua
Length: 4"
Ring: 54

I smoked one when they came out, and thought they needed downtime, so I stashed the rest away, and revisited it last weekend.

Construction: I like the size since short smokes fit into my schedule during the week with kids homework, and such. Nice dark color.

Cigar started out with the all so common nicaraguan pepper you might expect. This continued thru thru most of the cigar with hints of cedar. Kind of a short review for a short cigar, because it did not offer much to brag about. The thing burned nice with no touchups, and draw was good, and produced lots of smoke. The 2009 blend was a great cigar. I believe the only change was the wrapper, and this is a good indicator how a wrapper can change a cigar. I was hoping that some downtime would change this cigar for the better, but so far that is not the case. I have several of both vitolas left of the 2010's, and will revisit again after more rest.

For full review please visit: My Blog

Photos:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
That Blog is Awesome, and a great group of guys read it regularly

And that review is spot on, and probably the only Viaje I wasn't let down by. Sorry to hear they went down hill

Nice pictures as well

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Nice review and great blog......LOL. I was never impressed with these but the 09's:drool:

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I love these but then again I haven't smoked one that has had some rest on it. I smoked mine right away and put some away.
Anyone want to give me this clowns address? I have a few cigars I didn't care for that he says he loves... You know what that means!

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Nice Scott. I know the 09s were really good, or at least that is what I remember. Didn't get much 10s. I hope the 11s will be the best.