What's new

Viaje WLP Candela With Surprise Tat Ending!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
IMG_0682.jpg
5 x 50
St. Patrick's Day Candela
Limited Run..."White Lable Project"

I recieved one of these in my Lotto winnings and was very courious to try it seeing how I've never had a Candela wrapped cigar from any cigar manufacturer. I let it rest in my humi for about a week and figured it was time to give it a shot.
The feel of this cigar is very smooth. It really bothers me for some reason though. It just doesn't appeal to me as I like the traditional cigar apperence. However the curiousity facter has always made me wonder if I was missing something by never smoking one.
The smell of the leaf seems sweet however the head of the cigar taste a bit salty to me. I carfully cut the cap and singe the foot trying to capture the initial scent of the burning leaf.
As I take on my first few draws on the light I am hit with pepper and loads of smoke. It is very strong with tobacco and the pepper is in your face. I start to wonder if it's going to settle so I can hopefully taste the wrapper.
After about and inch in the Pepper is almost non existent and this is where I feel the cigar starts to settle into it's contruction.

IMG_0683.JPG

The taste has changed to a rather sweetness and a taste that reminded me of pea soup. No pun intended on the pea color of the wrapper. It really tasted like that to me. The cigar in my opinion is Med-Full cigar and the flavors are really just as strong. After I get into the second inch of this cigar I am noticing some major burn issues and the cigar seems to get wetter as it burns.

IMG_0684.JPG

The taste is know starting to bother me a bit. It's almost a sweet and sickning flavor I can't discribe. Again I start to get that feeling like this is just not a natural cigar and almost goes against what I like and prefer. However I push on wondering if things will change the longer I smoke it.
It seemed like I was having to constantly correct the burn and even re-lite this cigar a few times. I think some of it might be my fault as my inhales have gotten weeker due to the strong taste this cigar is leaving in my mouth. Again it just started to turn my stomach. The mixed flavor really bothered me and it left a coating on my toung I didn't care for as well. reminded me of my teen years sneeking a menthol cigerette from my grandma. Although there is nothing menthol about the cigar it leaves that taste on my tounge.
At this point I know this cigar is not for me. It could be I phyched myself out even before the smoke, could be the whole Candela thing, or it could be just the cigar itself. Either way I was very unhappy with the results.
Only being an hour into my smoke time I new I had to have something else to save my day so I reached for a...
Tatuaje Havana VI Red Verocu No. 5
Shape: Petite Corona
Size: 4 x 40
Strength: Medium - Full
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper Type: Connecticut Broadleaf
This little cigar is Amazing and if anything could save me with the time I had left it would be this cigar.
The spice and flavor from this little gem didn't take long to adjust my pallet and remove that sick feeling I got from the Candela. Every draw on that Tat was so nice and really turned a bad experiece around. After about 45 minutes of smoking the No.5, the zen feeling I get from smoking a cigar was saved.
I only have a couple of these little guys left but I now know I will hang onto them for the next time something like this should happen.

IMG_0685.JPG

Thanks for your Time! :tiphat:

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks for the dual review. Sorry about your bad experience with the viaje candela. I enjoyed the illusione 88 candela, but its the only candela I've had. Glad you had a verocu on standby to salvage your smoking time.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Thanks for the dual review. Sorry about your bad experience with the viaje candela. I enjoyed the illusione 88 candela, but its the only candela I've had. Glad you had a verocu on standby to salvage your smoking time.
I think it was just the Candela Wrapper. I like alot of Viaje Cigars but this wasn't for me. Actually if I would have had the time I would have reached for a DES but the Tat fit the time slot better.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Interesting. I've been smoking these like crazy and love them in the am with coffee. I'm thinking your cigar was a bit wet since I haven't had a burn issue or any off flavors so far. They were pretty wet rott.