What's new

Viaje

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've seen a lot of FS threads for these cigars. Which leads me to my question. Are these aging properly? It seems like a year or two after they have come out folks are selling them. Do guys/gals like these more fresh vs aged?

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
They are aging nicely and IMO they never smoke good ROTT. Need 6 months to be good. Selling a bunch of my singles just because I'm out of room for boxes. VOR's are spot on right now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they smoke better with age as well. Since they are so limited, we see a number of people that buy a box right off and then later find that one wasn't to their taste.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love them ROTT or with some age. Age seems to mellow them out a bit, but they're great either way. Problem is finding them!

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just smoked a Koa the other day. The few extra months they have been aging since I got them in Oct has made them even better. I like the toasty, nutty finish on them.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Let's all be honest, many guys price gouge like crazy on these going $15 to $20 a stick. Not saying it is wrong and not everyone does it - supply and demand and all that. I have paid the price and I think it was worth it. There are several great BOTL that put them up for sale at a fair price though and I have bought from a few. I have also sold them and that was just to help out guys who can't find them. Trust me I wanted to keep them but I bought extras to help other guys out and couldn't afford to keep them all.

I think they get better with age though I have enjoyed them all ROTT.

Just saw SupriseMVP's for sale post and man you can't beat those deals.

Last edited:

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I think a lot of why you see so many of these up for sale is not an issue with the quality or aging potential but a lot to do with the fact of how many are released. If you buy a box of every viaje release you will end up with 20 or 30 boxes of nothing but viaje a year. I think many ohave chased and are now just kicking back to a more manageable amout of each release.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
I think a lot of why you see so many of these up for sale is not an issue with the quality or aging potential but a lot to do with the fact of how many are released. If you buy a box of every viaje release you will end up with 20 or 30 boxes of nothing but viaje a year. I think many ohave chased and are now just kicking back to a more manageable amout of each release.
This is where I'm at. Still have unopened boxes and realized I will never get through all these in the next couple years.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I think because they get better with age, it's hard to know (for a while) if something is really to your personal tastes. At some point, if it's still not doing it for you, you have to just call it and sell them (and if you need space or cash, that might decide it for you right there).