What's new

Victor Sinclair Aged Toro Maduro (6 x 50)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this cigar by accident back in December. I was trying to get the total to exactly $150 dollar mark to get the $30 dollar off coupon code to work at Thompson. The VS Aged Maduro was the cheapest stick available that got me to the grand total and that i believed wouldn't be a turd. I've smoked plenty of Victor Sinclair's and the Connecticuts have always been solid so i placed it in my cart.

Funny thing is that i checked my email and there was a 30% off email code with no minimum buy and i was so stoked at getting such a deal that i forgot to delete the quota cigar:facepalm:. Irritating part was that the Coupon code did not work on this cigar so i paid the full freight of $1.90.

I had this cigar sitting in a humi-jar that i got from famous about 9 months back. The Humi-jars are the identical to the coffeevac 1lb Vacuum sealed coffee container. They work extremely well at holding the Rh at 69%. I bought a couple more of the jars for from famous for my coffee because they are 4+ dollars cheaper than buying them from Amazon.

https://www.famous-smoke.com/starter jar humidor kit/item 53323
https://www.amazon.com/Coffeevac-Ultimate-Vacuum-Sealed-Container/dp/B0046JB136

Victor Sinclair Age Toro Maduro (6 x 50) (1).jpg

Well the cigar is rustic looking with a mild aroma. I light it up and right off the bat its the typical Dominican flavor profile of a mild bodied cigar with a flavor profile of a light woodiness, a general nuttiness, and in this case a nice sweetness from the maduro wrapper. The foot smoke on this cigar is impressive and it reminds me of some of the Drew estate stuff that smokes like a chimney. The Aroma of the smoke is nice enough but thin. The finish is short but slightly oily. The draw is absolutely perfect but the burn line is wavy and seems to want to canoe. Oh, the cigar is flaky and i'm constantly blowing on the ash to get rid of the loose ash so it doesn't create a huge mess.

Victor Sinclair Age Toro Maduro (6 x 50) (2).jpg
After about 15 minutes the nuttiness becomes a very pronounced walnut with the woody notes become less noticeable. The sweetness is light but noticeable. At times the sweet note hints at caramel. The cigar is a chimney with the foot smoke being constant. The amount of smoke generated by each draw is copious but so light bodied its almost wispy. The strength is slightly greater than the body and I would rate it about a 2.5 out of 10. I'm actually enjoying this cigar because its literally like smoking a walnut. The burn is the only negative with requiring a few touch ups every 20 minutes or so keep the burn line in check. There is a large oil ring that its not equally distributed but heavier on one side and its why it wants to canoe. The VS Aged Maduro is burning super slow so the wonky burn is not a big deal.

The walnut flavor last until i enter the final third. After about 50 minutes, the flavor dramatically shifts with cocoa, cream, and coffee, joining the slightly sweet, walnut heavy flavor from the first 2/3rd of the cigar. I'm surprised at how much i'm enjoying such a light bodied cigar.

It really goes to show that its important to mix up the types of cigars that we smoke. I've been smoking almost exclusively medium plus cigars from Honduras and Nicaragua that even a budget mild Dominican cigar taste delicious. The flavors are much lighter and easier to distinguish than the fuller bodied cigars from Central America. Its also a lot lighter on the palate and the flavor shifts in the final third is much more noticeable.

I toss the nub after 1 hour and 30 minutes because the smoke was starting to become too warm for my taste. The cigar was pretty consistent for the majority of time and the flavor shift in the final third was extremely welcomed. The only negatives were that it required several touch ups and the ash was flaky.

Here's the rest of the burn progression:
Victor Sinclair Age Toro Maduro (6 x 50) (3).jpg Victor Sinclair Age Toro Maduro (6 x 50) (4).jpg Victor Sinclair Age Toro Maduro (6 x 50) (5).jpg Victor Sinclair Age Toro Maduro (6 x 50) (6).jpg Victor Sinclair Age Toro Maduro (6 x 50) (7).jpg Victor Sinclair Age Toro Maduro (6 x 50) (8).jpg Victor Sinclair Age Toro Maduro (6 x 50) (9).jpg Victor Sinclair Age Toro Maduro (6 x 50) (10).jpg

Last edited: