What's new

Video and documentaries

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My profession right now is obviously not my first choice, swinging hammers and putting pump units together in the Bakken oilfield was the last thing I though I'd be doing.

I used to produce music when I lived in Alaska, I enjoyed mixing and producing my own beats in my laboratory. It was an escape from the bullshit in my own head and it was something I genuinely cared for.

Video was also a big interest if mine, editing and adding your own music and getting a positive reaction from people was indescribable.

Having been out here in ND I've seen a lot of things that in know way, reflect the current state of the nation. The sad thing is, not many people understand what's going on here. There is so much money In this once small farming state, it's almost have to believe. Not just oil either, Walmart, mcdonalds, small businesses ect. People at McDonald's can start at 15 an hour with a hiring bonus of 500 - 1000 just for working there. It's unbelievable!

The point of this post is that I think I could document this and produce a quality documentary. Has anybody ever done one? Or anything involving film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I haven't, no. But I'd be interested in seeing your work. I can put you in contact with someone that does know a thing or two about film editing if you like. Send me a PM with your FB name.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I shoot video news stories for a local television station here in Louisville, KY. Each day I go out with a reporter and gather a story, the reporter writes it and I shoot and edit the video for our newscasts. We don't use a lot of music in daily turn stories, but occasionally when it fits we do. Not exactly documentaries, but I would call each individual story a mini-doc. Got any specific questions I might be able to help with let me know.