What's new

Video Games Go Too Far

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DxW-r4Qizo"]YouTube - Dorks, Dwarves, and Dew[/ame]

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
That is just sad. Oh and that streetfighter scene he was talking about is awesome! And the LeRoy thing in WoW was hilarious!

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
LeeRoy Jenkins!!!

Seriously, that's disturbing 'cause that's our future. Anyone think he will ever have a job?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Video games can't go too far - after all they are just games. The sad part is the millions of people like this guy who totally immerse themselves and have no real life outside of the game. They are true addicts and will soon need counseling and detox just like alcoholics.

gpugliese

Beware the penguins...
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Guys, this is satire...right?
No. An old roommate of mine used to be like that. He was fine until WOW came out, and then it went down hill.

Oddly enough, with that kid's diet, I'm surprised he's not the size of his character in the game.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
My roommate in college (way before video games) had a diet that consisted mostly of Dr. Pepper and nachos.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Not at all.

I personally know quite a few people from all walks of life who are totally into WOW. My son got into this when it first came out and he barely came out of his room for 6 months. His "guild" consisted of many teenagers / early 20's guys, a mid-40's housewife and several men in their 30's and 40's. I finally threatened to disconnect the internet at home unless he cut back his participation. He finally quit playing early this year. My wife's sister's husband still plays at least 8-10 hrs a day though. He is also a recovering alcoholic. :help:

Many players are making big money off WOW too. They develop characters and sell them for thousands ... write automated bot programs to make "gold" for use in the game and sell it via eBay ... tutor novices how to play for $75 per hour ... etc.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I can't watch the video at work, but I know some folks who have taken this crap way too far. An old buddy of mine just got divorced and the picture he painted was his wife was a B. Her version of the story was painted him sitting in front of his computer from the time he got home from work until 3-4 AM playing WoW. And then all weekend. She got sick of it, and threatened to leave him. Then she did. Fair warning, but she was up against an addict. He let her go. What a douche