Villa Dominca Robusto

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Size: 5x50
Filler: Dominican & Nicaraguan
Binder: Mexican Sumatra
Wrapper: Equador shade
Price: $2.20

I picked this one on on a whim because the owner of the B&M recommended it and it was cheap. According to info on the web the cigars are hand made. Construction looked good, nice and even. Wrapper was light brown with no marks and A little veining. The cap was small and the cap end wasn't very rounded so care has to be taken when cutting. I have one more of these I might punch to see if that works better.

The prelight draw was tight and with my recent experience with bad draw on cigars I was worried. It toasted well and lit right up. The draw turned out to be excellent.

Flavor was good, not quite mild. I did notice that if I took 4 or 5 draws without a sip of liquid it could get harsh. But cleansing the pallet kept the flavor very pleasant. (I've had this with much more expensive cigars as well)

The flavor stayed pretty even over the first half of the smoke as did the burn and draw. Getting toward the last 1/4 it got a little strong but by then I was done anyway.

Smoke time was about 40 minutes.

For the price this is a decent cigar. Good for a quick smoke or a daily smoker if you are on a budget. Online prices I found are in the $40 to $50 range for a box of 25.

Last edited: