What's new

Vintage lighter question

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hello all. I’m looking for leads on a particular style of table-top lighter, which used to reside at Tobacco Lane in downtown Ft Worth, right next to the cash register.

Similar to the “lift arm” style of lighter, the flint is struck by moving an arm. This lighter, however, involved pulling an arm, instead of lifting. You pulled the arm toward you, and the flame was at the end of that arm. I’m looking for one like it to install in my smoking den, but am having absolutely no luck. Any of you fine gentlemen or ladies seen these for sale anywhere? If I cannot find one, I might try to find a large “lift arm” lighter to install. I’d love to find this one, though.

Cheers,
Jackson

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
A
Hello all. I’m looking for leads on a particular style of table-top lighter, which used to reside at Tobacco Lane in downtown Ft Worth, right next to the cash register.

Similar to the “lift arm” style of lighter, the flint is struck by moving an arm. This lighter, however, involved pulling an arm, instead of lifting. You pulled the arm toward you, and the flame was at the end of that arm. I’m looking for one like it to install in my smoking den, but am having absolutely no luck. Any of you fine gentlemen or ladies seen these for sale anywhere? If I cannot find one, I might try to find a large “lift arm” lighter to install. I’d love to find this one, though.

Cheers,
Jackson
After talking to a friend, he seems to think it was a vintage electric table lighter. That makes sense... When you pulled the arm there was a buzzing sound as the wick was lit. Maybe it wasn’t a flint at all, but an electric charge, not sure.

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
MIDLAND JUMP SPARK CIGAR LIGHTER

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a bingo.
Just a little bit different, but when I saw your comment I looked up “jump spark lighter,” and found the exact model, pictured below. Didn’t realize these things would be so pricey! Thanks so much for finding that and posting it here.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, you might want to consider building one. It doesn't seem to be impossible so much. I see this as a good place to start.

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yeah, you might want to consider building one. It doesn't seem to be impossible so much. I see this as a good place to start.

That’s a fantastic idea, actually! Recently finished a back porch table and I’ve been looking for my next project.