What's new

Vintage Stereo Speakers

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I’m looking for a pair of 3-way vintage (1970’s) stereo speakers. Nothing crazy or elaborate, just something I can hook my record player and receiver up to. We moved a year ago and the speakers I had were damaged. So, for the past year, I’ve been using crappy computer speakers and it’s driving me nuts.

Any recommendations?

Or, anyone have any they want to sell or trade for?

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I’m looking for a pair of 3-way vintage (1970’s) stereo speakers. Nothing crazy or elaborate, just something I can hook my record player and receiver up to. We moved a year ago and the speakers I had were damaged. So, for the past year, I’ve been using crappy computer speakers and it’s driving me nuts.

Any recommendations?

I have some vintage Technics (Panasonic made rebranded) from the 90's

12" 3way in good condition. I was looking to upgrade

Don't know if that's what you are looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Last year I picked up a pair of Bose 501 Series 3 for $100 and they sound amazing. It's just amazing what people's kids throw out nowadays.

Also if you haven't looked into it Chromecast Audio is great for older receivers.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0

Any recommendations?

Brandon, what kind of money are you looking to spend? I have been considering selling my whole system if you would be interested. It isn't cheap, but is an excellent vintage system. You likely wouldn't need to upgrade in your lifetime.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Brandon, what kind of money are you looking to spend? I have been considering selling my whole system if you would be interested. It isn't cheap, but is an excellent vintage system. You likely wouldn't need to upgrade in your lifetime.
I would love to buy your system simply based off of what you and Eran told me about it! But, based on that same criteria, I know I wouldn't be able to afford it nor a place to put it. haha

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Hahahaha, that's a really great plan! Do you dabble in financial planning? ;)
I once went to an audio store and they were so glad to get rid of high end audio I walked out with 2 years no interest and 30% off. They later moved everything to sound bars.

It took a whole spool of twine and a bet with the salesman I'd make it fit.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I once went to an audio store and they were so glad to get rid of high end audio I walked out with 2 years no interest and 30% off. They later moved everything to sound bars.

It took a whole spool of twine and a bet with the salesman I'd make it fit.
Should've gone with the sound bar.

Newb