What's new

Virginia Beach

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Am i correct in thinking that I CANNOT sit on the beach at Virginia Beach and smoke a cigar?

Rating - 98.6%
98   1   0
"Sec. 28.5-3. - Smoking prohibited in certain public places.

(a)It shall be unlawful for any person to smoke in any of the following public places:
(1)Elevators, regardless of capacity, except in an elevator located in a single-family dwelling.
(2)Retail and service establishments or financial institutions serving the general public, including, but not limited to, department stores, grocery stores, convenience stores, drugstores, clothing stores, shoe stores, hardware stores, banks, savings and loan institutions, hair salons and barbershops.
(3)Indoor service lines, cashier areas, and counter service areas.
(4)Public restrooms.
(5)Health care facilities, regardless of capacity.
(6)Rooms in which a public meeting or hearing is being held.
(7)Places of entertainment, including, but not limited to, theatres, concert halls, gymnasiums, auditoriums, or other enclosed arenas.
(8)Art galleries, libraries, museums, or similar cultural facilities.
(9)Educational facilities, whether public or private, in common areas such as classrooms, offices, hallways, auditoriums, and public meeting rooms.
(10)Child-care facilities.
(11)Indoor facilities used for recreational purposes.
(12)Any part of a restaurant, bingo hall or bowling alley designated a "no-smoking" area pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(13)Buildings owned or leased by the city or the school board used for public purposes with the exception of lawfully designated smoking areas.
(14)Meeting houses, community centers, group homes, or recreational facilities open to the public at large.
(15)Vehicles used regularly for public transportation including, but not limited to, transit buses and school buses.

(b)The owner or person in charge of any building, structure, space, place or area in which smoking is prohibited may designate separate rooms or areas in which smoking is permitted, provided that:
(1)The designated smoking area shall not exceed twenty-five (25) percent of that portion of the building, structure, space, place or area open to the general public.
(2)Notwithstanding the twenty-five (25) percent limitation, the designated smoking area may not encompass any area outlined in subsections (a) (1), (3), (4), (6), (12) and (15).
(3)Designated smoking areas shall be separate to the extent reasonably practicable from those rooms or areas entered by the public in the normal course of use of the particular business or institution.
(4)In designated smoking areas, ventilation systems and existing physical barriers shall be used when reasonably practicable to minimize the permeation of smoke into no-smoking areas.
(Ord. No. 1832, 2-27-89; Ord. No. 1858, 5-1-89)"

I think you're good...

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Va is more friendly to smokers than my home state of Ky, can't even smoke in the b&ms there. And like Craig said Emerson's is a fine place to smoke a cigar with good people.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Va is more friendly to smokers than my home state of Ky, can't even smoke in the b&ms there. And like Craig said Emerson's is a fine place to smoke a cigar with good people.
I can attest to the Emersons crowd, good people. It's probably best to show up unannounced though ;)

Regards,
Randy

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I can attest to the Emersons crowd, good people. It's probably best to show up unannounced though ;)

Regards,
Randy
Shhhhhh... Don't spoil it