What's new

Viva Republica Projekt TDP - 4" x 80

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Viva Republica's Rapture will be releasing in August. As a follow-up we will be launching a new blend and a unique vitola featuring a ring gauge well in excess of 60.

Here's a sneak preview of a prototype -- next to a MUWAT 6x60 for size reference. The length will be cut down significantly but the massive ring gauge will stay in place. Target final size on the first release is 4" x 80.

This was Guillermo's concept and it's truly remarkable at how well it works.

These things have been smoking very, very well.

---

Jason
Viva Republica
http://www.vivarepublica.com
@republicacigars

Attachments

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Why? No offense or anything but I have no desire to smoke something that big, its just gimmicky and unpleasant to smoke for me.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Most of the guys on here will agree with you, but the general public does not. One of the best selling sticks here at the King is the 66 RG Czar from Gran Habano. We go through a TON of them.

Why? No offense or anything but I have no desire to smoke something that big, its just gimmicky and unpleasant to smoke for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not what you think. It's actually very easy to smoke. Check out this side profile pic.

The notion of "gimmicky" ring gauges is understandable - but there's a utility purpose in blending for capa/capote/tripa and allows you to pack a unique blend of fillers that a smaller ring gauge simply can't accommodate properly.

For me to create some powerful combinations with the tobaccos at my disposal at La Aurora I jumped at the chance to use a massive ring gauge to fit an interesting mix of aged fillers that they have at the factory.

As a retailer -- I know the demand is there. As a cigar smoker -- my favorite vitola is a lancero.

tdp_side.jpg

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
The first thing I thought when I saw that big of a cigar is "Why?"

But, I have to be honest, I am interested in seeing what someone can do in that vitola...once at least :)

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Interesting.....

I'm normally not a big ring gauge guy but as long as I can get my lips around it and get a decent draw without breaking my jaw I'd certainly be willing to at least give it a try. The thinner side profile might just make that possible.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
one, never knock it 'till you tried it. two, thank you for making it box pressed, as that might make it fit in the mouth of someone not from the "jersey shore" (and no offense to the NJ brethren, but really). i don't go out of my way for anything over 54, but doesn't mean i haven't burned large RG cigars that were fabulous.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
one, never knock it 'till you tried it. two, thank you for making it box pressed, as that might make it fit in the mouth of someone not from the "jersey shore" (and no offense to the NJ brethren, but really). i don't go out of my way for anything over 54, but doesn't mean i haven't burned large RG cigars that were fabulous.
Hay! Not all people from nj are like the tv show! Lol

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Aside from why a few thoughts come to mind...

1.) How does one go about lighting that thing? I mean, it must take a whole lighter full of butane to get it going.

2.) What's the price point on something like that?

Dan

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Though I'm not a big-ring lover either, I would try that cigar just to see what can potentially be done with a blend given that much room to work with.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Aside from why a few thoughts come to mind...

1.) How does one go about lighting that thing? I mean, it must take a whole lighter full of butane to get it going.

2.) What's the price point on something like that?

Dan
^^ This. I could light it with soft flames lighter, but I guess my hand will burn before the cigar.