What's new

Vizio 60" picture settings

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
So My 3 yr old LG recently broke, panel board went which cost more than a new tv to fix. Did some research and decided on the vizio e600i-b3 60" tv. Coming from that plasma to this vizio blows. The pic doesn't hold a candle to the lg. I know there's a way to screw w the pic settings, has anyone done this on this particular model? Any info would be good as I can see myself returning it ASAP.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I have an 8 hr old Visio in the living room that has a better pic than the one I just got. Excuse me for asking, what's a ups?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Have a 60" Vizio from costco and love it! Can't be beat for $750! I also have the old style Vizio with the speakers underneath the screen, 8 years strong. I do wish the newer ones had the sound quality of the old ones.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got a 60" vizio led smart tv last year and we love it. Before that I had a 32" insigna lcd, so it was a nice step up. I'd just play with the settings or try one of those tuning dvd's.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have an 8 hr old Visio in the living room that has a better pic than the one I just got. Excuse me for asking, what's a ups?
Like a spike protector but it takes a brick sized battery. So it's under the table like a shoebox. We have power fluctuations. My Christmas Visio 60 lasted 14 days. I brought it back to Wally mart the same night it went dead. Came home with a Sony and the next day I took the Uninterruptable Power supply off my PC and put it on the TV. That was my point about the UPS . Because in all fairness, maybe the Visio just didn't like my power. UPS are the best power protection in the world because they got the AC to DC to AC thing going on there. You're never really getting your power directly from the wall.. Anyways, it's not intended to watch the Steelers during power failures. But it's cool when the lights flicker in the room and yet the TV and cable don't miss a beat.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Nothing really beats a plasma I find. They are getting close but plasma just has a beautiful black. It's to bad they are going away.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
This was a public review from that same cnet page. May want to keep digging before you return Jose.
"Most Vizio's usually come with a pretty decent pre-set calibration, but this one had terrible default settings. I ran a THX calibration app from my iPad to Apple TV and HELLO...there's that picture I've been hearing so much about. Super deep blacks, bright whites, and colors that popped off the screen. I noted the calibration settings then applied them to all of the inputs. Upon seeing the result my wife immediately asked if this was a "3D TV without glasses needed".
Hope it works out!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I had a huge Plasma about 4 years ago. Good picture, but boy did it weigh a ton. I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080i anyways. TVs are about 60 lbs now and 3 inches thick . As long as it's huge with pretty colors I'm captivated. CatTom's speaker bar that's definately mandatory though..

Looks like JolietILfire has the answer though.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Thanks jb! I'll be messin around with it during the game tonight. I messed with it a bunch last night all though better, not great yet. For those w the vizio is love to see what settings you guys set it at.