What's new

VR Farm Rolled

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
A gift from a friend and all around great guy! I have not had a farm cigar in a while and when gifted this one I knew it wouldn't last long. Kids are sleeping, wife's working and this seems to be the time to fire this beauty up.

A perfect looking cigar with a flawless wrapper, the pre light draw is perfect also. Tastes of nutts and dried fruit promise once lit I'm in for a treat.

The cigar lights with ease and smoke fills my mouth coating it with a sweet fruity taste. I swear I taste peaches by the third draw. After the first inch the fruitiness is overcome by nuts and chocolate. After the first third I'm doubtful it can get any better,

I was wrong, very, very wrong! The cigar changes between fruity, nutty with the chocolate flavor becoming dominate at the half way point. As I near the end of the second third I'm getting a buttery popcorn taste. What a complex cigar.

As I start the final third I fell like a heroin addict knowing the end is near and not know where my next fix is going to come from. More flavors than I can name or pick out coming and going with every draw. I'm going the smoke this last 1" until I taste burning flesh!

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Very nice review. These can be quite variable- some spectacular & some good, but rather monolithic in flavor. Still even the just good ones are very good.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Damn you for making a cigar that I can not possibly ever try sound so good. Brooks mentioned a farm cigar on his site and had me drooling. How about you liken this to one we could try?
Nothing tastes like a great custom rolled cigar. The closest is an OR Siglo VI the best regular production cigar ever made, IMHO.

I didnt get much info on this cigar but believe it to be a recent production, probably made after DA's passing.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Sweet, was drooling after seeing the title alone! I hope to one day visit the farm, but sadly it won't be the same without the old man.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the Cuban Hybrid - Cohiba 5 maduro wrapper with the VR filler and binder - fantastic cigars, but boy they truly are the 'sleeper' cigar!