What's new

VR farmies

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So what is the story behind these cigars. Are they produced by the Robaina farm but not sold through Habanos SA? Why are they so hard to find? Any info on these will be helpful!

Thanks,

Rich

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
the few I've had I've gotten through a very generous friend. they were all rolled by don alejandro himself. and none of the tobacco used end up on regular production vegas robainas. this is what was explained to me.

having said that, I hope you can understand how special these cigars are and why they are so diffucult to come by.

now, I suspect there are other "farm rolled" cigars out there are were not rolled in the robaina vega, yet they are still called "vr farm rolled". still made at a cuban tobacco farm, just not robaina.

hope this helps.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I heard they're rolled with the same tobacco used by Cohiba. I think someone said that these gars are best smoked fresh and not aged, but I could definitely be wrong on that. Aside from that I don't know much. Never seen or smoked one and I don't actually know how you would come across them.

TYLER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ones i have(i think 4 of em left)...were rolled at the robaina finca(not sure if by alejandro or not)...and given to a friend of sr robaina...he also happens to be a friend and smoking buddy of mine.

as you can see authenticity can be a problem...mine all have an uncut foot and are about robusto or corona gorda size.

a good smoke...the ones i have tried...but i would agree with them being better young...or mine are sick right now.

derrek :smile:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It has been pretty much said.. so I just put my wording on it..

VR Farmies is using tobacco grown solely on that vegas.. with the standard line Vegas Robaina... tobacco from several different vegas make up the cigar to keep the blend the same etc etc

As different years produce slight variations in the tobacco.. a VR Farmie will have a greater difference between the years then what a standard line cigar as they don't "compensate" for the difference of year with tobacco from different vegas.

Sort of with wine and a blended wine.. a wine using grapes from only one chateau will very from year to year where as the blended one will be more consistent but may not bee as good in the great years

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The two 25 ct robusto bundles I have came wrapped with a green ribbon. There are two different blends within the Farmies as well as different sizes. A non aged blend and then the superior 3-5 year blend (which costs more, and imo is worth it). I have heard from friends that this years batch SUCKS compaired to the years past. As the others have stated these are made from tobacco that is grown' on Robanias farm. I believe that the initial release of Robanias (not the farm rolls) in 97 also contained only tobacco that was grown on his plantation...This is not true for 98's-today.

Hope this helps

Mikes

CharterCaptain

Master Baiter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mikes said:
...the initial release of Robanias (not the farm rolls) in 97 also contained only tobacco that was grown on his plantation...
Great. This is making it harder to resist that box of '97 Famosos I just picked up. I was hoping they'd at least make their 10th anniversary. :(

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
CharterCaptain said:
Great. This is making it harder to resist that box of '97 Famosos I just picked up. I was hoping they'd at least make their 10th anniversary. :(

You have an outstanding box of first release cigars that are 8 years old. Id say don't worry about them making 10 years...smoke a few now because you never know whats gonna happen tomorrow.

mikes