What's new

VR Unico

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I picked this cigar up while in Mexico City at the LCdH a month or so ago. I had put it in a box and wasn't going to smoke it for a while, but last night I just couldn't leave it alone. I didn't write down the box code, but it was like mid '05 date on it. Sorry, can't remember for sure.

The appearance was flawless. The wrapper, the color, the perfect shape all added to the anticipation as I prepared this cigar. I decided since I expected it to be special to only drink water with this cigar. (Glad I didn't waste this cigar earlier in the weekend while drunk).

The cut was made with my Palio, and the prelight draw was perfect. Not too tight, not too loose. The flavors were amazing even before lighting.

After carefully toasting the foot, I took the first draw. Amazing. From the first puff, this cigar did not disappoint. I mean, it changed flavor throughout the entire smoke. The first third was smooth, creamy, and had some nice sweet almost like honey notes. The second third was stronger with some cedar, and an almost musky undertone. The last third (and I mean I nubbed this to no end) was strong but not intense. Tobacco, leather, and some other flavors i can't pinpoint. Tons of smoke on a totally windless night made this even better.

I can't say enough about it. Until last night, I preferred Edmundo's and Monte #2 as my favs. Now, I have to say, this was fantastic and is now my all time favorite. I liked it so much I ordered a box today.

I'd rate it a 94 with no problem at all on anyone's rating system. Go out and buy some, quick.

dmoby

Boli Whore
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
:bouncetau You know that yall don't have to talk about VR's. The last thing we need is more people buying these and it becoming a hassle to get some.:smokingco

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Nice review Randy. I alway have a box of these in the coolidor. The just keep getting better.