What's new

VSG ER Special Size #2 (8"x49)

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I picked this cigar out in place of the Don Carlos Lancero. This is mainly because I wanted to smoke the best I had to honor the best their is...The United States Armed Forces.

The prelight draw on this was completely old leather. Once lit, two puffs later I was smacked upside the head with leather and rich tobacco flavors. The smoke coming from the end was just as rich, but also had a tinge of fruitiness. To my dismay the cherry started to run up one side. This didn't last long though and corrected itself fairly quickly.
Well into the first 1/4th I am overwhelmed with what I'll call well aged tobacco flavors w/ some creaminess coming thru on the finish. When I was nearing the 1/2 mark the cigar had completely changed directions and began to get a semi sweet, almost cinnamon flavor with light pepper rounding it out. I'm 3/4ths done now and there has been yet another flavor/blend change. I'm getting leather w/ a wonderful buttery toast flavor at the end. I should add that throughout, the flavors have been consistently building. Each time there's a flavor change, it's richer than the one before.
Coming to the end, I'm in complete awe of this cigar. It ends on a sort of fruity note chock full of rich tobacco flavors with spiciness on the finish. I think the fact that there has been so many flavor changes has to do with age, but more than that it's superior tobacco along with superior blending. So many times I think we build a cigar up in our minds that by the time they're smoked, they can't possibly live up to expectations. Not so with this one. I feel everything a cigar was meant to be is packed in this 8" wonder. This was a perfectly fitting way to honor what this day was meant for. I know this review was long, but I had to do this cigar justice...hope you enjoyed!!:agreeclen

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Nice Review...I'd love to try one someday, but I doubt I could ever spend the money on one now. They are really expensive, assuming you can get one.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Nice going man! I'm pretty jealous. It's the only NC I've ever not been able to acquire. Good day to smoke it!

TYLER