What's new

Vuelta Abajo (varietal)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I haven't tried the ometepe yet.
Looking more closely at my notes I notice that not only do all the blends including ometepe have the words "black pepper" in them; but also words like "grease," "meaty," "steak with pepper." So it's like you gotta buy the steak to get the pepper; they won't just bring the pepper to the table by itself.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Looking more closely at my notes I notice that not only do all the blends including ometepe have the words "black pepper" in them; but also words like "grease," "meaty," "steak with pepper." So it's like you gotta buy the steak to get the pepper; they won't just bring the pepper to the table by itself.
Hell to the YES

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@BrewinHooligan
Someone needs to clear this up. I just got my pound of "Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo Ligero."
Now, @webmost said above that his bag of it was labeled "VA Criollo Ligero." Right? But mine is labeled as "Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo Habano Ligero." But "Vuelta Abajo" is neither Criollo nor Habano! It's its own varietal, isn't it? In the same way that webmost did not want a criollo ligero, I did not want a habano ligero. So what's going on here? Could webmost ask Don what the story is? What are we getting in these bags?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@BrewinHooligan
Someone needs to clear this up. I just got my pound of "Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo Ligero."
Now, @webmost said above that his bag of it was labeled "VA Criollo Ligero." Right? But mine is labeled as "Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo Habano Ligero." But "Vuelta Abajo" is neither Criollo nor Habano! It's its own varietal, isn't it? In the same way that webmost did not want a criollo ligero, I did not want a habano ligero. So what's going on here? Could webmost ask Don what the story is? What are we getting in these bags?
I went ahead and posted a question about this at FTT.
http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/8209-Question-about-the-WLT-quot-Vuelta-Abajo-Ligero-quot?p=150596#post150596

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@BrewinHooligan
My CVVA seco claims to be habano.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
View attachment 119330 View attachment 119327 View attachment 119328 View attachment 119329 Mine is also labeled Cibao Valley Corojo Ligero, i also have a bag labeled Cibao valley vualeta abajo habano seco and another bag with Cibao valley vualeta abajo habano seco but the "habano" is blacked out
Okay, but I assume those Corojos were different SKUS, not the "Vuelta Abajo"?

Do those two Vuelta Abajo [habano] secos look like the same leaf? I can't tell from the photo.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Okay, but I assume those Corojos were different SKUS, not the "Vuelta Abajo"?

Do those two Vuelta Abajo [habano] secos look like the same leaf? I can't tell from the photo.
Yes they do look the same, smell similar also, i opened the sealed one (slight barnyard and a very nice tobacco, well its gona be tobacco but these are a good smell) lol

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My first order of the Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo Seco was labelled as Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo Habano Seco. My second order of the same has the same label but Habano is lined out....

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's not listed as a criollo, vuelta abajo is the varietal but if you have criollo ligero you don't want I use lots of the stuff. I could see myself using this vuelta abajo quite a bit as well
Haven't forgotten you. I'm going thru a research project to see whether I want to invest in a stamps.com or similar account, what supplies I need from uline, and so forth. I do so much mailing it's ridic. Then too, I have to find out what the girls in shipping find handy. It's a process.

I also found another bag of crio ligero to send with.

I'll make up my mind soon