What's new

Waif Java by Drew Estate

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Waif Java by Drew Estate

The Java by Drew Estate is a joint production between Drew Estate and Rocky Patel. A name like Java is a dead give away on what flavors Drew Estate has infused in this cigar. The Waif is definitely one of the most unique shapes I've seen for a cigar. The best description I've heard so far was it looked like a maduro tongue depressor.

My first concern when seeing this cigar is that it would have extremely bad draw problems or issues with the wrapper, but my concerns were unjustified. Each one that I've tried the draw was great. The Waif's small size makes it easy to light and get an even burn. The cigar does round out a bit as it burns but I didn't have any issues with the wrapper at all.

Where this cigar excels is flavor, the balance between the tobacco and infused flavors is amazing. Unlike most flavored cigars the Java by Drew Estate does not mask the tobacco flavor. The first thing you notice is that this cigar has been sweetened at least on the cap. This may be a plus or a turn off depending on your preferences, I have a bit of sweet tooth so it didn't bother me. Anyone who has smoked an ACID by Drew Estate knows that you do not taste the tobacco until you are about half way through the cigar. The Java is a different experience the coffee and tobacco flavors hit from the get go. The tobacco flavor of this cigar reminds me heavily of the Rocky Patel Vintage series with the obvious additions of coffee and a stronger chocolate flavor.

This cigar is not a nicotine bomb and could easily be smoked on an empty stomach. Smoke it as a pick me up with your morning coffee and newspaper or an after dinner dessert cigar. I'm not real fond of flavored cigars but this one does have a good balance between the tobacco blend and the infused coffee flavors that make the Waif Java by Drew Estate a truly enjoyable cigar. Rating: 7.5 of 10