What's new

Walk-in Humi

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bloody hell!!! That is drop-dead gorgeous!

...Care to build another? :smokingbo
I can only do one every 10 years. So you'll have to wait until 2019.

:drool:That is FREAKING SWEET!!! How long did that take you to build? :youarethe
I didn't log my time (should have). Since I'm not paying myself it really didn't matter. But I would guess at least 150 hrs. Only on Saturdays. Sundays are my day of rest (beatin the shit out of my Corvette).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you place a moisture barrier behind the wood? If so what did you use?
Here's a "wall construction" jpg. The polyvinyl is wrapped around the outside of the studs. Because polyvinyl can have an oder I took precautions to keep it away from the interior. The room is well sealed.

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Very cool and expensive. It would be way awesome if you posted some notes on what to do and not to do, what kind of a humidifier to use. I can't wait to see more pics if you do put together an album.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I've got the album started. The pics loaded bass-ackwards but I'll clean it up later. Also I will take some current pics of a little more decorating and some special "aroma" enhancers "tobacco hands".

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
So correct me if I'm wrong, after looking at your album, which is great, you can actually enter the humidor without going in the house itself?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So correct me if I'm wrong, after looking at your album, which is great, you can actually enter the humidor without going in the house itself?
Yes, The windows between the game room and the humi were exterior windows. The space itself was unused carport area. It was an ideal location because of the view from the game room, however, I could not cut a door into the game room because of electrical, air conditioning and a floor offset. No matter, I don't smoke in the house, so after I select a stick I just walk around to the deck and light up.