What's new

Want Free Cigars #2

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Some of you are pretty confident in my ability, if I shot 122 over two days I'll buy every poster on this thread a box of cigars cause I'm going on tour. I feel like Sh@t this morning, a summer cold is making my head pound.

To answer Hendy's question I belong to Meadow Lake Acres Country Club in New Bloomfield, MO.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Some of you are pretty confident in my ability, if I shot 122 over two days I'll buy every poster on this thread a box of cigars cause I'm going on tour. I feel like Sh@t this morning, a summer cold is making my head pound.

To answer Hendy's question I belong to Meadow Lake Acres Country Club in New Bloomfield, MO.
No disrespect on the score I posted.

I just know how these things are. And having anything in your head besides your game is not good.

Hope you played well. And I hope I won.:stretchgr

Rating - 100%
82   0   0

I can shoot 122 in 1 round......LOL

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm not sure where I finished but I shot 164. I had an 11 on a par 3 with a great Tin Cup moment plus 4 penalty strokes for carring too many clubs (I got my sticks re-gripped and the Ass. Pro putt my extra wedge in my bag I didn't catch it until 2 green) shooting 50 on the first nine, then 38,38,38. I might have been a little pissed but have nobody to blame but myself and he felt terrible, the other players said not to worry and not take the penalty but rules are rules. 3 people dropped out saying the course was playing too hard (pussies) our best golfer shot 73 on Saturday and he has played on the Champions tour.

The rough was 4-6" because of rain and if you hit in it you were taking a bogey or worse and the wind was blowing 20-30mph today so my 76 was pretty good. I left when I finished because I've got a head cold that is pounding, I know I finished at least 8th because I beat my two playing partners who shot 87/88 and 81/85. There where only 13 people in Champ flight this year less than half the normal field.

I think Mnelson is the winner. PM me your addy and I'll get the smokes out this week.

I'm going to take a nice hot bath and try to clear my head.

Hendy I tried to shoot 122 but after the 88 on Saturday a 44 was impossible:crying:

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Wow bro. I gave up on competitions here in Michgan after I got a bad ruling from a GAM comittee man on the course. I got screwed on a drop on a par 3. After that ruling, my round went to shit. Then I complained, signed my card and left. I got a call from the President a few days later telling me I was right on the ruling. But because I signed my card, I was out of luck. Sad to hear about the round. Keep on trickin. You have too good a game to let it get to you. Though, they will be calling you Woosey for that one.

Take care. And if you are in the SE Michigan area, get in touch with me and will hit it.

mnelson

Matthew
Rating - 98.3%
104   1   0
oh yeah baby, bought time i won one of these :grin:

Nice round of golf (minus the penalty,) especially with those conditions.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Wow bro. I gave up on competitions here in Michgan after I got a bad ruling from a GAM comittee man on the course. I got screwed on a drop on a par 3. After that ruling, my round went to shit. Then I complained, signed my card and left. I got a call from the President a few days later telling me I was right on the ruling. But because I signed my card, I was out of luck. Sad to hear about the round. Keep on trickin. You have too good a game to let it get to you. Though, they will be calling you Woosey for that one.

Take care. And if you are in the SE Michigan area, get in touch with me and will hit it.
I too felt I should have gotten a free drop as my ball was resting almost against the hazard stake (man made) but still in the hazard, I then put 3 in the lake each time saying "give me a ball Romeo". I won't get a letter from the President cause thats me but I will be checking the rules today. I was more pissed on the extra club and that probably lead to the 11. Also this damn cold kept me from enjoying cigars which could have helped calm me down.

3 or 4 years ago I watched our best golfer hit 2 OB on the first tee and then shoot a course record 65. I wish I had that game.

The Missouri Amateur is at our course this year so I'll try to redeem myself then.

Hendy and any of you that ever get to Mid-Missouri lmk and golf, drinks and cigars are on me.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hendy and any of you that ever get to Mid-Missouri lmk and golf, drinks and cigars are on me.
I just may do that later this summer... that is if you don't mind a hack playing with you.... :peace:

Seriously, golf is the greatest sport in the world regardless of how you play. If you play poorly (and play fast!) you still have your friends, cigars, and beer....

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I just may do that later this summer... that is if you don't mind a hack playing with you.... :peace:

Seriously, golf is the greatest sport in the world regardless of how you play. If you play poorly (and play fast!) you still have your friends, cigars, and beer....
Come on down, we have handicaps from 22-scratch that play every Fri-Sat with 12-20+ people. You can't beat good friends, drinks, cigars and golf.:applause:

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Usually stowaways are good on this board, but I guess not in this case. Too bad about he club and the "tin cup" re-enactment. However, still looks like some damn solid golfing considering the playing conditions and the head cold. Good job, wish I could get to that point...

That's one of the great things about golf though, what other sport do you call penalties on yourself??? You can tell alot about a man on the golf course and you sir are one of the honorable. Good job.