What's new

warm water coming from garden hose?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have warm water coming from garden hoses in front and back yards and it should be cold water. Anyone know what may cause this? Google says it could be a problem with the washing machine hot water valve. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I guess there’s a small chance it could be a valve inside the washing machine? Does you plumbing run through a concrete slab? If the two lines are next to each other and not insulated you could get some transfer, but the hot water would stil need to be running. Try turning the hot water off at the WM and see if it still does it.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I did some online reading up on this the last couple days and found the below response to the same inquiry. For reference, the person asking about their water being warm assumed it was their hot water heater:

It probably _IS_ coming out of the water heater. Easy enough to confirm if you have not been using hot water, and either the hot or cold pipe hot water heater pipes should be found to be unexpectedly warm. Go feel them when you turn on the spigot. I have a feeling that a cross connection is going on at the laundry.

You might have something wrong with a washing machine fill valve (a mixer valve at times) that is allowing water to pass through it, perhaps. You might want to make sure that on yours, the hot comes out really hot and the cold comes out truly cold, when you set the washing machine to those settings. Make sure that the setting is not on warm, either, when you test the spigot temp, again.”

Here is the link:

Good luck!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's quite interesting to have warm water coming from your garden hoses when it's supposed to be cold. While a washing machine hot water valve issue could be a possibility, there might be other factors at play as well. It could potentially be related to the temperature of the water source or any underground pipes that might be carrying warm water.
On a different note, if you're looking to enhance your outdoor space, a corner summer house could be a fantastic addition. It offers a cozy and inviting spot where you can enjoy the beauty of your garden.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Warm water from your garden hoses when it should be cold can be puzzling. While it could potentially be related to the washing machine hot water valve, there might be other factors at play too.
One possibility is that the hoses have been exposed to sunlight, heating the water inside. You could try storing them in a shaded area to see if it makes a difference. Also, ensure that there are no nearby sources of warm water, like a water heater or pipes.
If you're spending time in your garden and need some outdoor furniture to make it even cozier, you can visit this website. They have some great options to enhance your outdoor space.

Last edited: