What's new

Warning to retailers - miami, port of fraud

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
To all of the Retailers on the site - please be careful with orders from Miami Zip Code 33126 (Doral, FL). There are 2 Shipping Companies that I am now aware of that take shipments for customers in the Dominican. They receive the orders at a Box Number at their address, like Mailboxes Etc. They then forward the packages to the Dominican and other locations.

There has been a surge of FRAUD CC transactions over the last month that many of us have been hit with. I saw a CC statement that had 6 different Cigar Companies listed with transactions that were all fraudulent and all placed in a 2 week period.

I have spoken with both shipping companies and of course, they only forward shipments so there isn't much they can do - but both of them were helpful with tracking them, albeit too late since they are already in the customers' hands. They were not responsive to the suggestion that they shouldn't forward anything else to said customers. It also appears that it is easy to create multiple accounts with these shipping companies. They pay no attention to the name of the person that the shipments are being sent to. Just the Box number.

Addresses in 33126:
1316 NW 78th Ave
2759 NW 82nd Ave

Both are shipping companies. There may be more.