What's new

Warped Cigars El Oso Cub

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Quick format review

Had my first Warped El Oso Cub today, overall it was an enjoyable smoke albeit slightly underwhelming.

First off, the cigar is handsomely constructed with a lovely medium-brown wrapper, the color reminding me of fresh roasted coffee beans. It has just a slight tooth to it and a even distribution of oils.

There are a few veins running along the cigar and its a very pleasant cigar to look at.

The foot gives off an aroma of hay, sweet spice, leather, and earth.

Prelight draw is unobstructed and smooth, confirming the notes of the foot aroma

The first third starts off with spice, tobacco, and leather. The spice is ever-so-faintly sweet with black pepper on the retro.

Moving through, the burn is near perfect with a stunning white ash and seamless burn lines. The body is on the mild side of medium, with a light nic hit.

Entering the second third the cigar continues with more of the same flavor-wise, with the sweetness emerging a bit more, but still subdued and never coming forward all the way. The smoke is creamy and well-portioned. The cub has grown up a bit now, and is a solid medium body smoke.

The final third was my favorite as the sweetness came forward more, and with hints of vanilla towards the nub on the finish. Smoke production is effortless, as is the draw. The cigar has heated up a bit and is definitely warm to the touch, I changed my grip several times to avoid my fingers getting uncomfortably warm. Obviously this is because of the smaller ring gauge as they tend to burn a bit warmer than larger gauge cigars.

The flavor profile through the final third was linear with the first two, featuring sweet-spice, leather, tobacco, and the faint vanilla finish I mentioned above. The flavors never really evolved much beyond where they started.

Overall, I'd rate it around an 87-88. I personally would have liked to have more flavor body with the same strength that this currently displays.

It's definitely a cigar worth trying!

Cheers!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414531067.323416.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414531097.301728.jpg