atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Warped Futuro Seleccion Suprema
Smoke Time: 1hr 30min
Pairing: Water
Weather: Just Above freezing

The Futuro starts off blasting with pepper, so much so im kinda gagging when I retrohale, not like too much sting, more like too much pepper for me too handle. A little sour wood note came through and passed early on. Some notes of cedar also stopped by and stayed in the background in the 1st third.

The 2nd was dominated with an almost rare steak flavor with some leather while coffee and a tapering cedar note lingered in the back. Also to mention the pepper has been present the whole time. A few times I get some spice hints sometimes cinnamon sometimes something else. All of this is early on in the 2nd. About midway through a different profile exist. The meatiness has just departed with no real sign that it's somewhere below. Im getting more of a grassy doughy note now. I spoke too soon the meatiness is indeed here. This thing changes up before you can get comfortable with it, this intrigues me and keeps me on my toes. The sour wood flavor pops back in along with some mossy type flavor.

The 3rd seems to have set in with a black pepper and coffee profile. Upon getting to the nub some sweet earth which isn't really that sweet is introduced as well as some charred meat. Again, there is a change with a light creaminess being added to the coffee and the black pepper dialing back a bit.

This was a high medium-full smoke all the way through. Construction was just short of great. The draw was what I'd expect a cigar to have, though I do like a little more resistance. This cigar is what I would call "complicated" rather than complex, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. While the note changing was there the profile missed a little bit in the depth department and it seemed like there were changes rather than transitions. I did like the changes and am merely pointing that experience out. Definitely a solid smoke and worthy of a 5 pack purchase.

Score: 88/100
Review by atllogix

Last edited:

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
88 sounds about right in my book. Not sure what I was expecting, but I was a little let down after trying others from warped. I'd still like to revisit it though.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
If you read hw reviews and sometimes wonder how the hell they got a certain score out of the review, that's kinda where I'm at now. Last year I noticed I wasn't utilizing my numbers. Meaning even though i switched to a scale of 100 everything could have been done on a 1-5 scale, too many smokes were getting the same score though clearly when I thought back on it one was better than the other. Ive changed up my scoring a bit to where if a cigar excels and wows it should be in a 90+. If it has great flavor but construction had a couple issues well then maybe it wasn't really a 90+, maybe it will earn a 90+ a different day. An 88 on my scale is far from bad and I'm hoping to stay consistent with it throughout the year. Maybe next year I will have actually setup categories and possible earned points for each, like a review site only I keep the majority of the info to myself.

Thanks for the replies and kudos on the review.

Sent from my SM-G900K using Tapatalk

Bearclaw

The dude playin the dude disquised as another dude
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Nice review. I too find this smoke to be a bit underwhelming as compared to most other Warped offerings. Although, I have only tried the 109 and not the suprema. Thanks again for the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
The first Futuro I smoked absolutely blew my mind - I even called it my favorite 2015 release. Since then, it's been "meh" for me... Looking forward to trying it again after some time away from it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got nearly no spice from the one I smoked. Meaty, bready and chocolaty all the way through. Nice bouquet, but didn't change at all throughout. Good cigar but the other offers from Kyle have me spoiled.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is the only Futuro I've ever smoked so far and it was a mild/medium to me, I tasted creamy sweetness with just the right amount of spice. It picked up at the halfway mark with more pepper and strength but the sweetness was there throughout. Most reviews I've read have been like the OP's so my my tastebuds are jacked....

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
This is the only Futuro I've ever smoked so far and it was a mild/medium to me, I tasted creamy sweetness with just the right amount of spice. It picked up at the halfway mark with more pepper and strength but the sweetness was there throughout. Most reviews I've read have been like the OP's so my my tastebuds are jacked....
He sounds like a halfwheel reviewer

:)

These smokes are great

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Resurrecting the dead here. Purchased in Feb. 2017. Paired with diet Cream Soda and Arizona Green Tea.
The draw is nearly perfect, just a little snug. Densely packed with tobacco.
Cold draw is bread dough with a hint of molasses.
I get that rare steak flavor right out of the gate. No pepper, only a little sting on the retrohale. Flavors pick up after the first inch introducing some baking spice - Cinnamon / vanilla perhaps? Medium full body, thick, creamy smoke. Going into the 2nd third it has predominantly coffee, leather and earth flavors with that sour wood note varying with the meatiness coming and going providing some interest. Retrohale is completely smooth now.
Not really in my flavor zone (give me anything from Illusione), I'm pushing to finish it.
Smoked on a cool, humid day and wants to go out, but a few quick puffs gets it going again. Dry boxing or storing at 62% would've helped this stick. (I store at 65%). Minor touch-ups to correct the burn - I'm a bit anal about sticks burning evenly.
Medium full body, thick, creamy smoke. Medium strength.
I've read some other reviews, but you really nailed it here. Hasn't changed much, just smoother.