What's new

Warped pre-release

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
So today at the Orlando herf Kyle from Warped allowed some of us the privilege of smoking a pre-release cigar he is dropping later this year.

The cigar was a 6x48 that we were told still has a slight shape tweak coming that won't be known to public till launched. These were rolled in miami and were only a little over 2 months old. Wrapper was a habano and it also used a double binder. Construction was really nice on them and my cutter gave a nice clean straight cut.

On the pre-light the draw was great with a slight sweet hint. So I toasted the foot and gave it a good puff. It was damn smooth from the start, no super blast of pepper but rather a nice smooth creaminess of thick smoke.

The finish was nice and just as the pre-light leaving a hint of sweetness. It didn't over whelm the palate and very pleasant. Seemed to have a light earthiness to it as well and something else I couldn't pin.

The retrohale is where you pepper lovers will find what you seek. It's not over powering by any means but it present and seems to be (for myself) a great balance.

The strength ramped up for the last third and the whole stick finished off nicely. Even in this last third the cigar never seemed to get to hot nor bitter or have any tar build up. I smoked this down to a little of a nub as I could and only put it down due to not have anyway to hold onto it.

I am sure some of the others will chime in with their thoughts and anything I may have forgot that we discussed while at Coronas. Keep an eye out for these and be sure to pick some up and give them a try.

Sent from your mothers phone

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I could not agree more with Matt. I had one as well and it is a very good cigar. I am horrible at reviews, so I will just add to Matt's. The construction was outstanding, and the burn was very even. It was really smooth al the way through and a very easy cigar to nub. Ryan, he has a name, and the bands are in production, he just didn't want to tell us the name just yet. If you follow @warpedcigars on Instagram he updates there a lot.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Just a few additional thoughts: these are great sticks. The sweetness was familiar but I had a hard time placing it. At first I think I may have thought raisin, but it really seemed like it was something else. Kyle mentioned candied apple as the best descriptor he had come up with for that flavor, and I think that fits well. I think this flavor was the most captivating in the stick. Kyle mentioned what leaf produced this flavor, but I don't know how much info he wants to share so I won't mention it here until he releases the specifics of the cigar.

The construction of this stick was amazing. It held ash very well, and much to my delight it didn't go out after being set down for a few minutes. I only had one relight in the last third, and considering what my experience has been with other premiums I feel like it did a better job of staying lit but not getting hot while smoking than most.

Admittedly I smoke fewer and fewer NC cigars each month that goes by, but this is one I can certainly see keeping in my rotation. It was really fantastic, and I think these are definitely box worthy. Many of us were already discussing box splits and purchases before we were through the 2nd third.

*Edited for cohesion because I was using Tapatalk and couldn't re-read what I was writing in the quick reply window. Ha ha.

Last edited: