What's new

Warped Reviews : Don Reynaldo and FdV Petit Robusto

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Pics: http://imgur.com/a/zteKZ. (Sorry for the duplicate images, imgur on mobile is being dumb)

Cigar: Warped Don Reynaldo - test blend (not the final version)
Size: 5.5 x 42
Factory: El Titan de Bronze

Limited release of 1000 cigars (100 10ct boxes in December)

1st Third: Considerable amount amount of spice up front. Lots of dry cedar. The pepper lingers in my nostrils for a good 5-10 seconds. There is an underlying stewed stone fruit component that is very RASSy. The spice mellows out after a half inch and the cigar transforms into something very medium bodied and refined. Cinnamon, stewed stone fruit, whipping cream

2nd Third: The greatness of the 1st third continues here. Sweet, creamy, fruity with a touch of cinnamon spice. Darker elements of coffee make appearances randomly and they meld well with the core flavors of the cigar.

Final Third: I will say that most of the evolution in this cigar happens in the first third, but that isn't a bad thing in my opinion. The core flavors ring throughout and in the final third they each shine through in various ways as they each take the front seat for a bit and then let the other components shine through after. In the last portion of the cigar, the fruit is what really stands out and that is what Warped's signature is; a great fruit component that brings balance to the rest of the cigar.

Rating: 91/100 with potential for 93-94. This cigar is only a week off of the rolling table, so some rest will do it wonders.

In regard to the blend, this is not the final version. I have tasted all of the test blends and while this one is very similar to the final blend, they are different cigars. I'll be very interested to see what everyone thinks of the final blend and it will definitely age beautifully. Pick these up when you can!

Cigar: Warped Flor Del Valle Petit Robusto
Size: 4.5 x 48
Factory: Casa Fernandez

This is a potential line extension for the FdV brand from Warped. There are other sizes being considered as well...

This cigar opens in a way that is very true to the FdV marca. There is an interesting 'brightness' that I always encounter with these. It's not an acidity per se, but almost an effervescent quality that comes along with the rich raspberry fruitiness that I find all over the marca. There are some sweet spices in the background and bready notes as well. This size is true to the marca in every way. The body and flavors perfectly mirror the other sizes and are really incredible. This is by far my favorite blend from warped and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. This is a special cigar. The raspberry flavor permeates every puff and leaves a nice refreshing sweetness on the palate. Notes of coffee and bread come in and out with an interplay of dry cocoa.

Rating: 94/100

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thanks for the review, brother. Love this brand and can't wait to try the Don Reynaldo blend. I love how the flavor in all of the Warped blends I've tried have the fruit component you mentioned. It certainly plays off the spices very well. Again, thanks for the review.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, review! I am ordering a few Don Reynaldo's so I am looking forward to trying it out myself. Cheers!