What's new

Warped Villa Sombra Mecedora Mini Review

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Warped Villa Sombra made at TABSA

Mecedora - 5.25 x 50 ($9 msrp)

Ecuador Connecticut shade wrappper with Aganorsa Jalapa filler.

Upon lighting you instantly get lots of creaminess and sweet almond from the conny wrapper. The aroma on this thing is really unique. It smells just like it tastes... tons of strawberries and cream. Smoke production is high, spice levels are low. Flavor is very rich, but still a mild/medium strength cigar. The strawberries and cream are dominant and really enjoyable.

As the cigar progressed into the final third the complexity picks up. Get some refreshing mineral notes with some bourbon and vanilla. The strawberry flavor is coming in and out. The cigar is a little less sweet by this point and beginning to get some acidic espresso notes (rich coffee but slightly citrusy/fruity).

I can definitely see this stick ending up on my top 10 of 2016. It's a truly refreshing experience that will definitely change some people's perception about conny wrappers and what Nicaraguan tobacco tastes like. This really showcases the Jalapa region in the best way possible. If you chase down any new release from Warped, make sure it's this one (ok, maybe focus on MdT 6102R too).

94/100

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Warped Villa Sombra made at TABSA

Mecedora - 5.25 x 50 ($9 msrp)

Ecuador Connecticut shade wrappper with Aganorsa Jalapa filler.

Upon lighting you instantly get lots of creaminess and sweet almond from the conny wrapper. The aroma on this thing is really unique. It smells just like it tastes... tons of strawberries and cream. Smoke production is high, spice levels are low. Flavor is very rich, but still a mild/medium strength cigar. The strawberries and cream are dominant and really enjoyable.

As the cigar progressed into the final third the complexity picks up. Get some refreshing mineral notes with some bourbon and vanilla. The strawberry flavor is coming in and out. The cigar is a little less sweet by this point and beginning to get some acidic espresso notes (rich coffee but slightly citrusy/fruity).

I can definitely see this stick ending up on my top 10 of 2016. It's a truly refreshing experience that will definitely change some people's perception about conny wrappers and what Nicaraguan tobacco tastes like. This really showcases the Jalapa region in the best way possible. If you chase down any new release from Warped, make sure it's this one (ok, maybe focus on MdT 6102R too).

94/100

Thanks @vivalanation734 , I have been eying Warped new releases for awhile now. Great review. I will be grabbing some of these and anxiously awaiting the mdt6102 release

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Great review, thanks! Have one I'm letting rest but look forward to trying it. I am definitely in need of a stick that gives me a new impression of Connie wrappers.....