What's new

Washington, DC - Georgetown Tobacco

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great shop Larry! I had an important early morning appointment in the city. I arrived at a hotel the evening prior to ensure traffic didn't ruin my appointment the following morning. So I took a cab to Georgetown Tobacco for a smoke or two. It is a wonderful rustic shop. They have a good selection of not only cigars, but pipes, walking sticks, flasks, you name it..... I bought a few of my favorite cigars and also tried the shop cigar, named Caucus. Quite good by the way. They have a small smoking area. I enjoyed conversation with a veteranarian, 2 local Metro D.C. cops, and the owner himself. There was an interesting mix of people coming and going while I was there. Loved it! The staff is knowledgable, professional and friendly. David (the owner) was quite cordial and hospitable. Interestingly enough, David told me the shop used to be an apothicary in PA. He took it apart himself, moved it to the current location in D.C. and reassembled it to look like a cigar store. Even though they don't sell beverages, he offered me a coffee from the back. There is a Starbucks a couple doors down and you may bringe drinks in. Or if you choose to smoke and drink, there is a pub/restaurant directly across the street, called Old Glory. They have a smoke room on the second floor with a bar, plenty of TV's, scotch, bourbon, and beer to compliment your smoke. There are cigarette smokers there, but I also ran into cigar smokers.

I had a great evening. If you are ever in D.C., give Georgetown Tobacco a go.