What's new

Watch Geeks?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm on a moratorium on buying watches after having almost 30. I spend more time changing out batteries with my collection....one every month or so but I guess it's better that they don't go out all at once. Ended up buying a maintenance set of tools to work on them....battery, back plate removal, etc. Has saved me at least a $100 a year as most of my watches like the Movados are sealed and used to cost me $45 to have the battery replaced and to keep the warranty in effect...now I do it myself for FREE.
Ok....I swear this is my last watch!!!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I'm on a moratorium on buying watches after having almost 30. I spend more time changing out batteries with my collection....one every month or so but I guess it's better that they don't go out all at once. Ended up buying a maintenance set of tools to work on them....battery, back plate removal, etc. Has saved me at least a $100 a year as most of my watches like the Movados are sealed and used to cost me $45 to have the battery replaced and to keep the warranty in effect...now I do it myself for FREE.
Ok....I swear this is my last watch!!!

That is a beauty, I one day will own a Rolex it has always been a dream of mine but I don't have the coin for it.

I have lifetime warranty on all my watches that I pay for when I buy the watch itself and it covers batteries and maintenance so it is nice not having to worry about it.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Oyster Perpetual Yacht Master is so outrageously priced that you have to know what you're getting into.....these go brand new for $23K and above but I would never buy one new....I've bought from estate sales and know a couple of good jewelry owners that call me when I let em know what I'm looking for and sometimes I just get lucky from word of mouth. The one I have my eye on is from an Estate Sale where the wife is willing to let it go for for $10K....only been worn less than a year so it's an investment as well as wearing it.