What's new

Wax Paper In or Out?

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Did a quick search and came up empty on this one. Perhaps the CC equivalent to the cello on/off threads that are always a classic, but am curious if you remove the wax paper layer when storing boxes long term?

I know wax paper is apparently odorless, so this is probably just a question of personal preference really....but what do you do?

If you take it out...any particular reason?

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've only ever purchased monte's, and there's only a 1 inch strip of it across the bands of monte 4. I just left it. I dont recall it being in the edmundo's though.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I tend to leave things alone. I'll remove things as I go down, layer by layer. I'll sometimes remove that strip of wax paper once I'm regularly getting in to a box, but I don't remove it for storage. Same, same with cabs. I always leave the wax paper in cabs the entire time, I figure it protects the cigars.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
It is NOT wax paper, I forget what is is but is something else. It's there to protect the cigars so leave it alone and keep the sticks happy.

Only thing I remove from the boxes when I get them is the bubble wrap usually on the feet side, sometimes the cap side. That is there to protect during shipping.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kyle, it's glassine paper. It's harmless. For dress boxes, it can keep the bands from sustaining damage or the foil process corroding into the cedar sheet & flaps, for cabs, the wrap can protect your capas from sustaining damage rubbing against the wood surface.

Bubble pack was added by your supplier, not Habanos.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Leave it be :)

I have read on several occasions that you are supposed to wrap older (7 years+) cc's in wax paper even if they weren't originally packed that way.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I have been trying to search the thread here, and I also read this online somewhere else.

I don't remember why, and I don't do it on any of mine.

If I find any info, I'll post!

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
It is NOT wax paper, I forget what is is but is something else. It's there to protect the cigars so leave it alone and keep the sticks happy.

Only thing I remove from the boxes when I get them is the bubble wrap usually on the feet side, sometimes the cap side. That is there to protect during shipping.
i believe it is glassine paper

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Kyle, it's glassine paper. It's harmless. For dress boxes, it can keep the bands from sustaining damage or the foil process corroding into the cedar sheet & flaps, for cabs, the wrap can protect your capas from sustaining damage rubbing against the wood surface.

Bubble pack was added by your supplier, not Habanos.
Thank you Adam....et al. See, some true info was revealed about Glassine paper here, so to you weizenheimers....:grinFU:

Though I will confess, once I posted this, I wished I'd went with "Wax on / Wax off" as the thread title :hanghead: