What's new

Wb and Me dual review: Ratzilla

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0

Dual review 7-9-12
Me and W take on the Ratzilla
Paired w a glass of Schlafly Reserve *barrel aged imperial stout.
Start time 7pm
M: Pre light*slight spice (warm) and sweet date taste. But just slight.
W: *I didn't pre light draw I just wanted to get down to business.
Cut w credo double guillotine scissors
First Inch:
W: well JB time to light up. Not much out of W just enjoying the first few puffs.
Me: my first puff I put thru the sinus and said holy fuck! I've never had a cigar present so fast with such bold flavors. ( w gives me the patented wink)
W: perfect draw/ perfect construction. Slight mineral coffee, caramel and leather. Very well balanced
Even with as bold as the cigar is starting off it is just so balanced.
We both feel it shares some lineage w pre release rats and the T52 wrapper.
W: Just like Godzilla dominated Tokyo this Ratzilla dominates my palette. *He also *said he would smoke the whole package in a week or 2 if they were more readily available . (Aroma is fantastic as well)
Me: thru the nose this thing is just sick.
1st 3rd: We are both consistent with flavors so far: Leather, spice, burnt caramel sweetness thru nose. Wb thinks it has a very slight mineral quality. We both think it has a very nice charred/smokey chewiness to it.
2nd:
Not alot of transition but we both could care less. Perfect construction, plenty of rich smoke and flavors*
3rd:
W: aroma is very pleasant, intensity is changing to very full flavored. Couple of relights. But when u do relight the flavors pick right back up.*
Me: Still same flavors but more full bodied and thick rich flavors present. Chewy smoke with a very faint hint of mint to it.
Ended at 835pm
Final impressions:
Started with great caramel sweetness. *Tons of leather and coffee. Mineral quality that was balanced. W: If you want great Liga flavor you would be hard pressed to find a better example. If you want deep, dark rich flavors it has it in truckloads.*
Me: tons of smoke. (duh) Perfect construction and flavors abound. Aroma carried the whole cigar.
Both of us would put this at the very top so far of all Liga products made.
It also paired extremely well the the stout!
Jfire and the Dub.....

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
my life will be complete when I can get to an event and snag one of these.

Awesome review dood, nice to see some Schlafly drinkers.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Great review! Thanks! Upcoming n00b question:

You said it shares lineage with pre-released Rats, what is the difference between the Ratzilla and the Dirty Rat? Is it just the vitola? Thx!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Great review, thanks for all the info. I have 2 of these, I'm going to smoke one soon and let the other one rest for a while. in your opinion do you think the flavor will change much with rest?