What's new

We haven't had a Covid discussion recently

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My sister visited this weekend and was upset that I insisted she wear a mask when we went out. I got that crap about "her decision". I said I'd rather wear a mask today than have a ventilator tube shoved into my lungs tomorrow. I also gave her the option to get a hotel room instead of staying in our extra bedroom. After that discussion all we fought about was her controlling my TV set, her insisting that my dogs stay outside, her wanting to chain smoke her cigarettes in my air conditioned cigar room instead of on the porch. Longest two days of my life!!!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I follow the pandemic news, I just don't discuss it online. I have lost friends on both sides of the argument because they are so extreme in their views. Tolerance is a thing of the past for many.,

.....this. There really doesn't seem to be a middle on this at the moment.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
A couple of my favorite quotes that I like to share with my Brother, a card-carrying Flat Earther:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge”

-Isaac Asimov

“The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it”

-Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Here's one.... Anyone else seen the headlines proclaiming Russia and China are stealing EU and US covid research? I mean.... This is a global pandemic. Wouldn't it be a more prudent approach for all the world powers to freely share results of what doesn't work, and what has shown promise to help? Put the politics aside and work for the greater good for once.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Here's one.... Anyone else seen the headlines proclaiming Russia and China are stealing EU and US covid research? I mean.... This is a global pandemic. Wouldn't it be a more prudent approach for all the world powers to freely share results of what doesn't work, and what has shown promise to help? Put the politics aside and work for the greater good for once.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Intel on Public (?) Health Management tools are right up there with Military R&D intel. They'll need their own, or you're empowering your enemy.
Plus they can manage their own market. "Global Health' we certainly ain't there yet. IMHO

@Boudie yeah, phizer (and another corp for 1.2B)

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I follow the pandemic news, I just don't discuss it online. I have lost friends on both sides of the argument because they are so extreme in their views. Tolerance is a thing of the past for many.,
Honestly refreshing to find some more folks in the middle,view wise, on this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Aerosol Lysol spray I've noticed has gone the way of the Dodo. I don't even think it's making it to Central PA. It's nowhere.

Always fun going to senior hours at Walmart and watching the mad dash to the Lysol and handwipes. Still have people walking out the store with half a cart full of the stuff. Kind of like visiting your favorite liquor store and finding that elusive bottle on the shelf at standard retail!