What's new

We will miss you Johnny Carson

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I just read where he has passed away from emphysema today.

I grew up watching him and he made me laugh many many times. It was always a treat to get to stay up late on a school night to see him. His commercials that he would sometimes do in the begining of the show were great.

Carnak the magnificent ...the law office of Dewey, cheatem and Howe,the list goes on.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Bummer! He will be missed. I too grew up watching Johnny. He was hilarious all by himself but he also had the greatest guests. One of my favorites was Moms Mabley.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
A true loss. He was one of the best. A true professional. I'm glad he had time to enjoy the fruits of his labors.

RIP

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Johnny Carson was a class act and a true legend. The man was one of a kind. He understood that the guest was what made the show. He never tried to upstage his guests but made them the focus. His bits where excellent even when he was having an off night he'd turn it around and make fun of himself. Pretty amazing the way he was on the air and yet so different off. The man was so very private and very shy according to those that new him best. He made stars out of nobodys. He introduced on his show so many up and coming comics and gave them all their first breaks. We really don't have anyone doing that today. I personally haven't really watched any of the late night shows since he left. I truly have missed him for a long time and kept hoping he'd come back one day but alas now it never will be. All one can say is Thanks Johnny and Good Night you have and will always be missed but alot of people!!

ehdg

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
A sad, sad day.

I remember watching him late at night when visiting my grandparent's lakehouse, always.

R.I.P. Johnny