What's new

weapons based martial arts

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
if anybody is interested, here is a link to a new martial arts forum. its new, so not much content yet, but it will grow. You will be able to pick up useful info on using knives and karambits for self defense. There will also be more info on the use of Kubatons and sticks for self defense. Ever see people jogging with a long stick? Well, there are couple guys on this forum who can really teach you how to use it. Another interesting topic is knife throwing. 2 of the top knifethrowers in the US are participating. I am there, so if you have any questions, please let me know. http://fightingartsandmore.com/index.php

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
You know for a mild-mannered humidor salesman, you sure get into some kick ass (literally) hobbies.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
its an awesome hobby. I also take it very serious. as we see on the news every day, there are some sick morons out there. hopefully, we never experience a bad situation in our lives. but if we do, with a little knowledge, we have a much better chance of getting out of a bad situation.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Questions for you Ron ...

Do your teachings ever consider bringing out a weapon against a bigger but unarmed opponent?

If so, at what point in the "situation"?

Is the bottom line to disable the opponent or kill? I would tend to think the latter as by the time weapons come out you are in a life/death struggle.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I dont care if the person is bigger or smaller than me. I also dont care if he is armed or not armed. If I am attacked I will consider my life to be in danger. When I am not in my home, I always have a weapon on me. That weapon could be a knife, which most would consider to be deadly. My weapon could also be a Kubaton, or even a heavy duty metal pen. Some might laugh at using a pen for a weapon, but it can inflict serious injury to a person. Ask any prison guard what a prisoner can do with a pen. You could kill somebody.

The bottom line for me is if i get attacked, I will use whatever weapon that I have on me. Armed or unarmed does not matter to me. If I pulled a knife, and the attacker ran away, then the situation is over. If I cut him once, and he ran away, then mission accomplished. If he kept attacking, and I kept cutting, and he dies, then so be it. If I used a Kubaton, and smacked him in the temple, and he went down for the count, then my goal has been met. I would not go in and keep smashing his head if not needed. So I would say disable, and get out of there is the goal.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Just a little more. If somebody attacks you, you have to assume that they are armed. Most muggings do involve a weapon. Most men will not attack another man without a weapon. So if somebody is crazy enough to be a criminal, then they are crazy enough to have a weapon. Assume the worst.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
If you want to train in a weapons based martial art, find a reputable Filipino Martial Arts school near you. Some search keywords: arnis, balintawak, doce pares, sayoc kali, eskrima, escrima, dog brothers, serrada