What's new

Web Design Company Name

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I am currently getting a degree in Web design and plan on starting a small side business with this to start. I am trying to come up with a name so I can get the domain before someone else does.

I wanted to get everyones thoughts. I dont currently have a name idea but my question is do you think for a company like this its better to have Design in the name or Not have it.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Personally I don't think having "Design" in the name should be of any concern, unless the name that you really like has it. I wouldn't try to force it in there ya know. Web design is a creative process, so long as you have a creative name and a site promoting it that shows that creativity in a professional layout you'll be fine man.

Cheers :ccool:

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Personally I don't think having "Design" in the name should be of any concern, unless the name that you really like has it. I wouldn't try to force it in there ya know. Web design is a creative process, so long as you have a creative name and a site promoting it that shows that creativity in a professional layout you'll be fine man.

Cheers :ccool:
ya have read a few places that its a mixed bag if it should or shouldnt be in the name.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I would think that ANY name with the word 'design' in it would be already used, considering the millions of domain names out there.

IMHO, show your creativity by coming up with a name without 'design'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I've been a designer developer for 11 years now. I started when I was 12 with HTML/CSS. Studied it out of interest over the years. When I was 15 I had friends from online communities who were in college for web design who would ask me how to do certain things. 4 years ago I got into PHP and MySQL.

I worked freelance for years then I worked for a few companies. I went freelance again back in June for the summer off and to work on my own company.

I thought of a name, I need to invest $1,000.00 into the domain though since its already registered. The people selling originally wanted $2,400.00 for it but I talked them down to 1k.

If your interested in teaming up on something let me know. ;)