What's new

Webley & Scott 12g?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
What don't you like about them? Just wondering, can't find any reviews on them anywhere.
Their design is lacking, and it is poorly executed. It is not a well made shotgun. There's a reason they are selling them for $99, and it's not that the dealer is feeling generous.
If you ever get to fire one, you'll notice the recoil is stout compared to similar, proven shotguns. Additionally, they lack the abundant aftermarket support of the common Remingtons and Mossbergs.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Okay, thanks for the info. I haven't shot a shot gun in years so this will be my first purchase, been looking at the Mossbergs for a while now but saw this and thought I probably should jump on it just to have. Guess I'll rethink that a little bit longer.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you're on a massively tight budget buy a Maverick 88 which is a budget version from Mossberg. They take most accessories that the 500 takes. Imo home defense/ccw guns are not the place to start with bottom of the rung guns. You are buying tthem to save your life. Bargain basement guns are fine for the range but not so much in a life or death situation.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
What are you wanting the shotgun for? Home defense? hunting? a little bit of both?

are you planning on actually shooting it? or just throwing it in the closet to have "just in case"?

If its going to see any level of wear and tear at all.. I completely agree with Alex.. this is not the shotgun you want... it will be falling apart in a couple of years.. and youll be wishing you had something better to work with..

But.. If youre going to take it to the range once a year and put a box of bird shot through it just to make sure it still works.. and then load it up with buck/slugs/whatever and throw it in the closet for "oh shit" moments only.. it would probably serve its purpose fine..

Certainly wouldnt be my first choice if I had a few extra bucks to spend.. you can find used police 870's, 500's, and 590's.. relatively cheap if you know where to look.. I see used 500's in the $170-$200 range on gunbroker and other places pretty regularly..

But if all you have is $100 to spend.. and all you want is something to cover an "oh shit" moment.. its better than having no shotgun in the house.. (IMO)..

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
If you're on a massively tight budget buy a Maverick 88 which is a budget version from Mossberg. They take most accessories that the 500 takes. Imo home defense/ccw guns are not the place to start with bottom of the rung guns. You are buying tthem to save your life. Bargain basement guns are fine for the range but not so much in a life or death situation.
What are you wanting the shotgun for? Home defense? hunting? a little bit of both?

are you planning on actually shooting it? or just throwing it in the closet to have "just in case"?

If its going to see any level of wear and tear at all.. I completely agree with Alex.. this is not the shotgun you want... it will be falling apart in a couple of years.. and youll be wishing you had something better to work with..

But.. If youre going to take it to the range once a year and put a box of bird shot through it just to make sure it still works.. and then load it up with buck/slugs/whatever and throw it in the closet for "oh shit" moments only.. it would probably serve its purpose fine..

Certainly wouldnt be my first choice if I had a few extra bucks to spend.. you can find used police 870's, 500's, and 590's.. relatively cheap if you know where to look.. I see used 500's in the $170-$200 range on gunbroker and other places pretty regularly..

But if all you have is $100 to spend.. and all you want is something to cover an "oh shit" moment.. its better than having no shotgun in the house.. (IMO)..
I didn't end up getting it after all but my plan for this one was just home defense and pull it out just in case. I just wasn't sure if this was a good gun maker or not and I couldn't find any reviews on them. I do plan on getting a nicer better quality later on and using that more often for the range or if I ever hunt again.