What's new

Weird Smokingexperience

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was happily smoking my cigar, an Ambos Mundos Habano, while all of a sudden i felt something in my mouth. I usually smoke after dinner so i wasn't worried, took a toothpick till i saw a little brown beetle on it. After some googling, cause i never saw a tabaco beetle before, it was exactly like the pictures that popped up. How is this possible? The wrapper isn't damaged at all, i keep my cigars around 70 degrees and they have been freeze treated.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
......snopes says it isn't true, urban legend.:grin: Seriously, never heard of that happening before......wow!!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
There can be live eggs in all cigars. The chance of getting a beetle is always possible. You may have done a great job maintaining your cigars but you really don't know what happened before you got your hands on it.

Some people enjoy the snap, crackle and pop!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
That is strange but possible.

Keep an eye on the others and see what happens.

I had some miss shipped cigars that the USPS messed up and were in USPS trucks and distribution centers for 3 weeks in 90 degree temp. Did not freeze them and have been keeping a close eye on them for a week now and no signs of anything. Will give them a couple more weeks before placing them in with the regular stock.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really sucks but does make sense. The hole you would see in a cigar is usually where the beetle exits after hatching and consuming the insides. You didn't see a hole because you probably killed the beetle, with the freezing, shortly after hatching.