What's new

Well, I guess you guys are just going to have to put up with me!

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I have been on a "Protein Sparing Modified Fast" diet, which is like Atkin's for Navy Seals. It's rather, how shall I say, DRACONIAN!

Anyway, my third weigh-in was today and my total weight loss is - 93 lbs since June 4th! BP is 117/78

I mean, I feel like a stone cold killer! :)

Ok, seriously, I feel great. I also think that it has been a blessing to step away from the dinner table and feed off the positivity of this board. Some people think my posts about being a BOTL might have been disingenuous or hokey. You guys were helping me help myself.

ROCK and ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No surgery, no drugs, just something from Nicaragua or cc to "take the edge off and avoid therapy. I can't give it and take it, it's not the Sopranos! ;)

Thanks everyone!

Jack

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Jack, hopefully I was part of the solution and not part of the problem!

Congrats on your weight loss my friend, I myself have dropped close to 45 lbs since July 14th and damn does it feel goooood!

Last edited:

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Jack, hopefully was was part of the solution and not part of the problem!

Congrats on your weight loss my friend, I myself have dropped close to 45 lbs since July 14th and damn does it feel goooood!

Larry, BOTL has definitely been part of the solution for me. And Larry, you in particular have been especially good to me and modeled what it means to be a good BOTL! I'll always be grateful to you and everybody else on here. Interests come and go. But for me, the combination of the ritual, the smoking, and the camaraderie all come together as something enjoyable, special, and profoundly therapeutic. If there is a down-side, I certainly don't see it! :)

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Be very careful with that diet. I lost 30lbs. My Cholesterol went thought the roof so I had to quit the diet and I gained back 40lbs.

You can't eat like that forever or you will drop dead. When you quit, you gain back more weight than you lost.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Congrats Fella's
I also have taken off 35 I do feel better as well because of it. Another 35 and I will be happy. don't want to be to skinny LOL

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Be very careful with that diet. I lost 30lbs. My Cholesterol went thought the roof so I had to quit the diet and I gained back 40lbs.

You can't eat like that forever or you will drop dead. When you quit, you gain back more weight than you lost.
Hey Cowboy,

This is a hospital-monitored program and is not a EAT ANYTHING as long as it doesn't contain carbs. It's low-fat and I am working with both an endocrinologist and dietician and get bloodwork done every 8 weeks.

I am being closely monitored, especially psychologically! :razz:

Btw, I am such a compliant patient they are thinking about using me as a case-study.

Timing is everything. :agreesmil

Thanks, everybody!

Jack

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Good work. I tried a fw of those diets but always gained it back. Dropped 75 lbs in the two years through changing my diet and excercise. Now I can eat pretty much what I want but tend to be careful anyway. Running 4 miles a day keeps me honest with the food intake.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Good work. I tried a fw of those diets but always gained it back. Dropped 75 lbs in the two years through changing my diet and excercise. Now I can eat pretty much what I want but tend to be careful anyway. Running 4 miles a day keeps me honest with the food intake.

Thanks, Chuck! The swimming is what works for me.

Btw, do you ever check your email or it is that I am just a newb? :ccool:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats. I can't imagine eating like that from what I've read.

What is your daily meal plan like? Sparse or is it enough

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yes.......just what I was looking for something to make my day! Positivity, something I don't take for granted these days with so much negativity just hearing how others find ways to make there life more enjoyable inspires me! A Jack Keep it up my brother you know it's worth every minute you put into it, and if you ever think other wise revert back to the board and we'll remind you! God Bless You.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Congrats Bro. I'd be interested in seeing a sample day of meals. I lost 20 pounds recently and am having trouble with the last 15 to reach my goal. Kinda pleatued for teh last 2-3 weeks. Any suggestions?
Jack If you don't mind answering what weight did you start at?

Congrats again

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Keep up the good work Jack and everyone else!

I lost 20 or so pounds when I quit smoking cigarettes a little over a year ago. I've gained a couple back lately since i've been lazy about the gym, drinking more beer, and hoping playing hockey a few times a week keeps me honest, nope, it doesn't. :lol:

I've just gotta be smart about what I eat and keep exercising. Mom's cooking when I was younger wasn't kind to me in the weight department. I had to move 1800 miles away to lose the weight. :headroll:

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Congratulations! That's quite an achievement!

My diet and excercise has consisted of a 'f-it' attitude lately - that needs to stop. Keep it going - I need the inspiration!!!

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Congrats, dude. It's great to see everyone getting healthier. Hopefully y'all will inspire someone who hasn't made the move yet to give it a shot.

Personally, I'm down 50-60 lbs from my peak back in '02 and feel great. Honestly wasn't even that hard. Finding lifestyle and eating habit changes I could live with long term was hard, but after that that it's just a matter of noticing when I've fallen off the wagon, and taking corrective action.

-Charles

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Wow, thanks for all the support.

Truth be told, I feel so at home here it just seemed natural to share what I have been doing and cigar smoking has been so therapeutic and time for me, myself, and Irene. :)

Tim, I will PM you my ratio of protein/carbs and calories and some meal plans tomorrow.

That is all! :)