What's new

Well... I tried one

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At the last HERF Wade was talking about ACID and how bad it was. I never had anything from Drew Estates or tried one. I'm used to smoking pepper bombs like LFD and Don Pepin. Donk also told me they're not bad cigars, they're just different. So last night I went to the cigar shop and picked up some stuff. I couldn't bring myself to try an ACID, but I did see some Java Maduro's by Rocky Patel and Drew Estate. So I said WTF and bought one.

So, after my meal of Spicy Teriyaki Pork Shoulder, I swished some water around in my mouth to clear my pallet and was ready to light up.

The construction of the cigar was okay but pretty loose. The wrapper was weird. It was fuzzy. I wanted to pet it. It felt weird on my lips. The shape was box pressed. It was very spongy and loosly packed. I still can't get over that it was fuzzy.

The burn was even, but burnt quicker than expected. It would ash after about 2 inches.

The smell was nice. Not strong at all. My kids didn't complain one bit.

Now, onto the taste. The taste wasn't bad, and the smoke was creamy. The coffee flavor was subtle with a sweet chocolatey taste that kept creeping up. It was most noticable on the tip of your tongue. The wrapper itself was very sweet on the lips. There was still a very noticeable Rocky Patel tobacco taste to it. It honestly wasn't bad. I will admit, I smoked it to a nub. It was definatly a light body cigar.

Still... It was fuzzy.

Overall, really wasn't too bad of a cigar. It was just different. I would buy one again. I probably couldn't smoke one more than once every two months though.

But it was fuzzy.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
They are a nice change of pace every now and again and the only flavored stick I'll smoke. My boss loves the things so I keep a box around for him and dip in to them about once every other month or so. Never noticed the "fuzziness", I'll have to look tonight though.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
They are a nice change of pace every now and again and the only flavored stick I'll smoke. My boss loves the things so I keep a box around for him and dip in to them about once every other month or so. Never noticed the "fuzziness", I'll have to look tonight though.
Craig sent me a few of these to try. I tried the first one last night. It wasn't bad. I wouldn't put it into my usual rotation. But as I said it wasn't bad. I didn't feel it was fuzzy at all. :computer:

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Javas and the Tabak Especials are the only flavored cigars I will go near.
The Tabak Especials used to be the Kahlua cigars.

TYLER

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I like Javas. I agree with what I usually call a "furry" texture to them. Other cigars have that texture too, especially a lot of DPGs, RP Decade, and others I can't think of at the moment. A tangible texture to the cigar, but not rough.

I remember the first Decade I smoked I kept touching and petting the wrapper of my big toro and at some point thought how hilarious and gross that much have looked to anyone who may have seen me, lol.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I remember the first Decade I smoked I kept touching and petting the wrapper of my big toro and at some point thought how hilarious and gross that much have looked to anyone who may have seen me, lol.
Is cigar molestation a crime?

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I'm going to pass on one of the Java's to BGC to try. I may end up smoking the other if I don't see Dpmrpa soon.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like Javas. I agree with what I usually call a "furry" texture to them. Other cigars have that texture too, especially a lot of DPGs, RP Decade, and others I can't think of at the moment. A tangible texture to the cigar, but not rough.

I've had a lot of DPGs and 2 Decades. Neither were like that.