What's new

What’s the first Cuban you smoked

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Mine was a Cohiba, but no idea which one as I had no experience with Cubans. If I remember correctly it was the size of a CG. I actually put pictures up on here to ask if it was real or fake and got a thumbs up by knowledgeable bolt members that it was real. It was good, but not mind blowing. My next one was a Partagas Short that I knew was real and it was great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
First one was a fake Esplendido that I got from a friend of a friend.

The first REAL one was a Bolivar BF. It changed my life completely. That said, I've had maybe a handful since. Just don't seem to go for them even though they do constantly appeal to me.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Don't remember the first one, but was probably a PLPC, PSD4, Fonseca or Parti Short. The guys I was around smoked a lot of those. I do remember my first box. Had one of the guys bring everyone a box from Switzerland. I ordered a box of PSP2s. Still have a stick from the 10 ct box left.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
First one was a fake Esplendido that I got from a friend of a friend.

The first REAL one was a Bolivar BF. It changed my life completely. That said, I've had maybe a handful since. Just don't seem to go for them even though they do constantly appeal to me.

Same here, as fake as Pamala Anderson's assets. First real one was a Parti Coronas in 2006. I wish they still made that size.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
H Upmann Half Corona gifted to me by a mod from another forum. Sent me straight down the rabbit hole. CCs account for about 2/3 of what I smoke these days.

when injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
RyJ PC with about 5 years rest on it. I enjoyed it. Don’t have any more PCs, but I’ve got some No2 tubos that can stand a couple years more.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was 19, we crossed the bridge to Canada from Detroit and stopped at the La Casa del Habano. I believe the cigar I smoked that evening was a Cohiba Siglo II. I didn't get back into Cuban cigars til almost 14 years later. I believe I had a RASS as my first Cuban.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Lol. No CCs yet. Had a fake Cohiba Robusto when I was last working in South Tx. A coworker brought them back from visiting his family in Mex. He smoked half of one and gave me another. Skepticism and visual queues led me to cut open the half of the one he abandoned. No short filler or floor sweepings so I gave it a shot (a free cigar is a free cigar). The one I had was a nice medium, prolly Dominican

Attachments

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
20191122_174524.jpg
Almost forgot to post it on this thread. I thought long and hard on my first legit CC. Decided to go Maduro given the fact that I prefer stronger sticks. I wasnt disappointed. It was no Neanderthal in terms of strength, but it was full of flavors and offered an experience worth waiting for. Gotta try a Bolivar now!

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Had many fakes and I'm pretty sure my 1st real cuban was an H.Upmann Half Corona about 2 months ago out of a sample pack. I choose it as I recognized the name and I wanted to try something small 1st. I was amazed more by the aroma than taste but both were excellent. Now I prefer other stronger ones to the upman's although I continue to go back to it.