What's new

What “Illusione Cigar” had the best flavor profile for you?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
1-CG4
2-MK
3-MJ12

Candelas are interesting, but I never sought them out after sampling a couple
Maduros do NOT do it for me...but, I recognize I'm in the minority when it comes to San Andres maddies -- with very few exceptions, they do NOT agree with me
Epernays are one that my taste buds have a blind spot for -- they are smooth, but I seem to miss some subtle 'excelentness' that others love...not bad, but not worth the premium price over the original documents
MKUltra - to me, they are missing a certain something from MK, so I no longer smoke them

I like 68's and F9's, but I find that both tend to get a little foul towards the end for me. I probably smoke them too fast....I don't know. However, I've heard others have had similar experiences.
CG4 is just about the perfect cigar for me when construction is great.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1-CG4
2-MK
3-MJ12

Candelas are interesting, but I never sought them out after sampling a couple
Maduros do NOT do it for me...but, I recognize I'm in the minority when it comes to San Andres maddies -- with very few exceptions, they do NOT agree with me
Epernays are one that my taste buds have a blind spot for -- they are smooth, but I seem to miss some subtle 'excelentness' that others love...not bad, but not worth the premium price over the original documents
MKUltra - to me, they are missing a certain something from MK, so I no longer smoke them

I like 68's and F9's, but I find that both tend to get a little foul towards the end for me. I probably smoke them too fast....I don't know. However, I've heard others have had similar experiences.
CG4 is just about the perfect cigar for me when construction is great.
Thanks Dave, I always respect your opinion and insight

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
For me the best Illusione cigars that had the best flavor profile was the Illuisone ECCJ, or the Illusione Singular Phantom 2010. As far as regular production I go with the CG4, MK, 888 Maduro.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The lonsdale is just a fantastic smoke. Gets better with age too. And the best part is that it's good whenever and I can have whatever food or drink I want with it and it'll enhance anything. Simply fantastic.
Is the lonsdale the Illusione Epernay Le Matin, Grand Corona 6 3/4 x 46 ?
There's a lonsdale in the corojo blend called f9 that's stellar. I gravitate to the Le Ferme in the Epernay line because its so balanced and approachable as a daytime smoke. The f9 and cg4 are strictly for after dinner :)

Anyone ever smoke the ~1~ A size? It's pretty nice if you have 3 hours. I haven't seen them too many places.

Singulares have been hit or miss, but I'll be looking forward to the Rose Croix for sure. Love the size!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Anyone ever smoke the ~1~ A size? It's pretty nice if you have 3 hours. I haven't seen them too many places.
Nope, I was waiting for the Epernay A. But, I'd definitely be down to try the ~1~. If anybody finds a pack that they want to split, shoot me a PM.