What's new

what a bunch of crap

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i thought that last nites MMA event sucked. Dont get me wrong, the matches themselves were all great. anybody who steps into that ring is a lot tougher than the internet wannabes who say that they could do it better.

its just all the hype and bullshit. light shows. Rap music with assholes grabbing their crotches. The bullshit slow walks down the runway with disgusting music.

the fighters are great, its just too bad that all this other nonsense has to be tied in to make it marketable to todays "sports fan".

I guess I am getting old, but that was some real disgusting crap last nite.

To all you young rap fans, please fell free to flame me, I am in the mood for some fun....LOL

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I agree, there was too much crap going on that wasn't fighting. There was fighter interviews, then commercials, then they would show the girls dancing and do fighters video introductions, then commercials, then they would come out and talk some more crap, then another commercial, then they would take 10 to 15 minutes to introduce the fighters, then they would actually fight...for 1 minute, then it would all start over again.

I read somewhere that in the first 70 minutes the program was on, there was only ~2 minutes of fighting. That's completely ridiculous! If CBS doesn't fix it, I won't watch them again when they air next.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I think CBS was just as mad, they went 45 minutes over their time slot. The main event didn't even start until like 20 minutes after the whole thing was supposed to end. That's the kind of thing you get, though, when you go through a podunk association that's never on TV. They go with UFC and it's over on time and they clean up all the junk.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Its because the only fighters that were any good were the ladies. The rest are second rate and can't make it in the UFC. JMHO.. I want to see Kimbo go against Liddell, Shamrock, Hughes, hell Gracie... hehe.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
That wasn't a typical MMA event. UFC, WEC and old Pride events are much more sport oriented. Nice to see MMA on prime time but awful production.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
This is why I actually prefer to record all the TV shows on my DVR and watch later. Then I can FFW through all the crap and get to the good stuff.

mnelson

Matthew
Rating - 98.3%
104   1   0
This is why I actually prefer to record all the TV shows on my DVR and watch later. Then I can FFW through all the crap and get to the good stuff.
I do the exact same thing!

It makes the sport so much better without all the fucking commentators bull shit!

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I DVR'd the event, put it 1/2 hour past scheduled time and still missed the 3rd round of the Kimbo fight.

I am a long time vale tudo, MMA, etc. fan. I knew that due to the fact that the event was on CBS, there would be premature referee stoppage. I really think they did a good job by having Frank Shamrock host a segment explaining the physics, rules and techniques. I felt like this humanized the sport and lured it away from being a beat down fest. They gave a lot of background info on the fighters, I know this...my thoughts are that there was a lot of viewers last night that have never seen any of these guys let alone a MMA match.

In regards to the ring entrances, girls dancing, loud music, etc...this has been going on since the begining of arena sports, for example-footbal, baseball, basketball...each team has their entrance theme and routine....Boxing, WWE, MMA, hell even American Gladiators all have the "Larger than life" characters with their custom entrance, fireworks, music, etc!

Now about the ball grabbin'rap music...That white boy, Phil Baroni "the Long Island Baddass!" who grabbed his nutz about 20x's while walking to the ring...whatever he was playing was not rap, hip hop, or whatever! It sounded like he recorded that Sh!t at his house before the match!

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
That wasn't a typical MMA event. UFC, WEC and old Pride events are much more sport oriented. Nice to see MMA on prime time but awful production.
I agree, production was a joke.

The Kimbo/Thompson fight was pretty darned good though. I've never seen an ear explode like that! (btw - they shouldn't have stopped that!)

I missed the intro, why was his ear f'ed up before the fight?

~M

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I DVR'd the event, put it 1/2 hour past scheduled time and still missed the 3rd round of the Kimbo fight.

I am a long time vale tudo, MMA, etc. fan. I knew that due to the fact that the event was on CBS, there would be premature referee stoppage. I really think they did a good job by having Frank Shamrock host a segment explaining the physics, rules and techniques. I felt like this humanized the sport and lured it away from being a beat down fest. They gave a lot of background info on the fighters, I know this...my thoughts are that there was a lot of viewers last night that have never seen any of these guys let alone a MMA match.

In regards to the ring entrances, girls dancing, loud music, etc...this has been going on since the begining of arena sports, for example-footbal, baseball, basketball...each team has their entrance theme and routine....Boxing, WWE, MMA, hell even American Gladiators all have the "Larger than life" characters with their custom entrance, fireworks, music, etc!

Now about the ball grabbin'rap music...That white boy, Phil Baroni "the Long Island Baddass!" who grabbed his nutz about 20x's while walking to the ring...whatever he was playing was not rap, hip hop, or whatever! It sounded like he recorded that Sh!t at his house before the match!

listening to "take me out to the ball game" is not quite the same as listening to the garbage that they played the other nite.