What's new

What a Game!

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've heard a lot of people say that America could never love a game that could finish 0-0.

Well I dunno how many of you watched the USA-Belgium match but it was incredible to say it finished 0-0 after 90 minutes!!

An absolute thriller and your boys gave an extremely good account of themselves, played with real passion. How they were still sprinting up the pitch after 120 minutes is beyond me and they were very unlucky not to get an equaliser with that clever free kick routine. I hope the England players were watching that because that's how you represent your country.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
That was the first soccer match I've ever watched, I'll be back for more. I played soccer for one year of elementary school, which was a complete fail.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I watched the Brazil vs chili match last Saturday that went to a shoot out. Or penalty kick as they call it, pretty intense! But that being said, it's a disspicable sport. The flopping is outrageous. Montreal Canadians X's 10. Unwatchable. Guys going down like they've been shot, someone comes out and sprays windex on them and they pop right back up.
I'm sorry man, but I can't watch that.
No offense, because I know people enjoy it. But it's not for me.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
There were 2 games today and both went regulation without a score. Sure the overtime was thrilling and Tim Howard was great (except for the 2 he couldn't stop), but for 90 minutes in both games it bored me. I tried to get interested and watched a decent amount of the World Cup, but soccer just isn't gonna cut it for me. Football will be here soon, and after that hockey will return.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I played "soccer" from when I was about 6 years old through High school, year-round, and a bit of in-door in college. I loved playing it but after watching the way Mexico lost because of that flopping asshole, who freely admitted he flopped, I have no respect for the game. Sorry, not a hater, just don't find it that interesting to watch.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I am with most on the flopping, it make the sport damn laughable to me. Flop and lay on the ground rolling for a few minutes then jump up and continue as if nothing happened. Eh America will go back to forgetting soccer is a sport for another 4 years and then come back like they have always been fans.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I love how my fellow Americans use the World Cup as the best representation of the sport.

I love Football-Soccer, but the world cup is over dramatic and gets in the way of the transfer window.

You want to see a game? Watch the EPL.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
It was a great game and the US never gave up which was awesome to see. Yes you can say you wish England could see that and represent their country like the US team did, but you at least have world class skilled players. If the US could get some skills to go along with their heart and competitiveness, they could turn the tides. Our best player is the goalkeeper... :(

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I love how my fellow Americans use the World Cup as the best representation of the sport.

I love Football-Soccer, but the world cup is over dramatic and gets in the way of the transfer window.

You want to see a game? Watch the EPL.
here here

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
It was a great game and the US never gave up which was awesome to see. Yes you can say you wish England could see that and represent their country like the US team did, but you at least have world class skilled players. If the US could get some skills to go along with their heart and competitiveness, they could turn the tides. Our best player is the goalkeeper... :(
I think that's what ends up disappointing us the most, the fact that we've got world class players who just don't seem to gel as a team, they all sort of play for themselves rather than the badge. Just look at Costs Rica, no superstars but as a team they've been brilliant.

I'm with most on the diving as well, become a real problem in the sport and I can see why it causes some people to switch off.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
You know why whole rest of the world plays soccer?

So they don't have to watch the fucking thing.

View attachment 42770
Tim, I love the cartoon... especially since most of the Cultural Imperialism goes the other way (like Coke, MTV, Rap Music, McDonalds, etc...). Us poor 'Mericans are being subjected to soccer, while we have had more to "contribute" to the globalization of human culture.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I hope this summer's World Cup peaks everyones interest to start watching club Soccer in Europe/America. Yes, the MLS is not all world class, but just spend one saturday or sunday morning watching the English Premier League on NBC. In my opinion, the best soccer league in the world. You may find a team you like to watch * cough* Chelsea FC *cough*, and want to follow throughout the season.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I've watched/listened to every game from the World Cup so far and my dad and I watched the USA game yesterday. They definitely play with a lot of heart that is for sure. The direct soccer skills need some tuning but they turned it on and adjusted in the final 15 and that threw Belgium off of their game.

Still the USA is definitely heading in the right direction for soccer.