What's new

What about Rye ?

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
I have recently started drinking more and more bourbon and rye, and I found the Angels Envy Caribbean cask rye to be quite good. Does anyone have any suggestions to an other rye the is worth trying? I had redemption this week and bullet and did not find wither to be worthy of ordering again...

Last edited:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The only Ryes I have had are Bulleit, and Russell's Reserve (I believe it was the 10, but could have been the single barrel). Both were good to my newbie pallet, but I liked the RR a little more.

ETA: I guess Bulleit is the only one. At the time, I was told RR is a rye. Checking their site, I believe I stand corrected.

Welp, I'm of no help then.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I'm not allowed drinking rye. After 2 max I become rather malicious and angry. I suffer from wet saviour rye rage. Not a little guy either so it gets real ugly real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not allowed drinking rye. After 2 max I become rather malicious and angry. I suffer from wet saviour rye rage. Not a little guy either so it gets real ugly real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
That makes 2 of us, I can't touch anything dark, and prefer not to touch any of it. I'm a beer man these days, lol.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Thanks for the input guys but it does not drive me into a rage so any positive suggestions would be helpful
If you could get your hand on some Gibson's Finest, that's probably one of the better Canadian ones. There's always Crown Royal too. I don't like it, but I know many that do...
KK33

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
The '12 Sazerac 18 Year is ridiculously good although they are a might difficult to locate; the Hudson Ryes are pretty good as well and a bit easier to find. Rye are all the rage now and the microblend offerings take up nearly an entire shelf at my local shop.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I'm not a rye expert by any stretch of the imagination but I am a big fan of the George Dickel Rye.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0

Templeton Rye. Drink it, then never drink another rye again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
The only Ryes I have had are Bulleit, and Russell's Reserve (I believe it was the 10, but could have been the single barrel). Both were good to my newbie pallet, but I liked the RR a little more.

ETA: I guess Bulleit is the only one. At the time, I was told RR is a rye. Checking their site, I believe I stand corrected.

Welp, I'm of no help then.
the russel family does a ten year bourbon, but also a rye whiskey (unsure of age designation right now), so, partial credit? o)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The whilette rye is the closest I have found to the Buffalo Trace annual Antique Collection release of the Hande Sazarac Rye. Love them both over a 2" inch ice cube. They are both high proof and need time on the ice and open up to reveal their depth of flavors. Really wonderful!

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
If you could get your hand on some Gibson's Finest, that's probably one of the better Canadian ones. There's always Crown Royal too. I don't like it, but I know many that do...
KK33
I can't stand Crown Royal - I prefer Candian Club 12yr Small Batch

edit - holy hell sorry for massive image lol
Fwiw the best Canadian Whiskey I've found for the money is Forty Creek.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
D Rounding out my top 3 would be:
Colonel E.H. Taylor Rye (60 bucks)
Thomas H. Handy Sazerac for (75.00) If you would like to dabble in the 130 proof lane of life.
Rittenhouse 100 Proof (for 20 bucks) is good. Probably the best youll find anywhere near that price or even double.