What's new

What are you Cheeseheads going to do now?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm first and foremost a PACKER fan. Unlike all the Favre fans, I support the team, and given what he put the TEAM through over the last several off-seasons, I think it was handled as well as it could have been.

Indyrob stated it well, he essentially has lost the original point of why he played (the love of the game).

And like weskimad said, people don't think of KC when they think of Joe Montana, they don't think of Carolina when they think of Reggie White, but look at the way both of them approached their whole situations. While in the long run this won't really affect Favre's legacy and the amazing thing's he's done both regarding individual records and his career with the Packers, it does put an ugly footnote on things.

Regarding Aaron Rogers, I have to give the kid credit. He hasn't had hardly a blink of a chance to show his capabilities while being in Favre's shadow, but during this whole circus, he has shown one of the most cool headed attitudes I have ever seen from someone put in his position. I know I would have been pissed and likely wouldn't have been too quiet about it.

Do I expect to see the Packers in the playoffs this year? No

Do I expect to see the Jets in the playoffs this year? Maybe, but if Favre does make it to the next off-season still healthy and playing well...I feel sorry for all you Jets fans who will have to go through what we've dealt with almost 4 years running.