What's new

What are you grilling/smoking?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
View attachment 184409
I didn't have enough wood and had to finish them in the oven. They got a bit too dry.
Been there before. When that happens, or when you just need the meat to hurry the hell up, I always Texas Crutch it: double wrap in a tight foil pouch with a little liquid in there. Will get done fast and be super tender.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Only pic is an in-process image. So tired I didn't get the final product. That's what happens when you sit 5 hours on a hard pew waiting for the train and then another 17 hours bouncing around in coach.

I smoked the chuck roast and ham for about 3 hours then wrapped and placed in a 225 oven until dinner time. Everybody raved about the chuck roast and the ham is always good.

20231125_082819.jpg

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I always thought through experience that bone in made for a quicker cook time. ie heat is transfered through the bone to the inside of the roast. A quick search says just the opposite, that the bone prolongs the cook. So I'm not sure anymore. I do like that if you give the bone a tug and it moves, where you can just about pull it out of the roast the meat is super tender.