What's new

What are you listening to that would suprise everybody????

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
For me it's been the soundtrack to the movie "Garden State". Basically it includes some older stuff from Coldplay, The Shins, Frou Frou, Thievery Corporation, Simon & Garfunkel and Zero7. All absolutely breathtaking. The motto on the cover of the CD is "These songs will change your life" and trust me, that's not far off...

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
john tripp said:
I have been listening to the Black Keys and The Dave Butler trio.
Some interesting stuff pretty far from mainstream.
John are you talking about the John Butler Trio (e.g. http://www.johnbutlertrio.com/) or someone else?

I guess that most out there stuff that I've been listening to lately is MC 900 ft Jesus and John Spencer Blues Explosion (not really out there). I pretty much listen to everything. My Ipod currently has close to 9000 songs on it.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
For me it's been the soundtrack to the movie "Garden State". Basically it includes some older stuff from Coldplay, The Shins, Frou Frou, Thievery Corporation, Simon & Garfunkel and Zero7. All absolutely breathtaking. The motto on the cover of the CD is "These songs will change your life" and trust me, that's not far off...
I have that CD, its very good. If you like that, you may like the "Royal Tenenbaums" CD

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Brian Culbertson even as I type. The man can play a keyboard very well. Plays a mean trombone as well.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I am very impressed with the Black Keys. I have a few of their live performances that me or friends recorded and they are an excellent duo. I have recently been getting into some SACD titles namely Thelonious Monk, Muddy Waters, Herbie Hancock. I recently purchased a new to me tube integrated amp and have a modified toshiba 4960 as well as a dat player and can play off my computer to my home stereo. I had no idea this forum was here, music and recording is my other black hole of money.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You guys are going to make fun of me, but my kids have been watching Andrew Lloyd Weber's "The Phantom of the Opera," and the music from it just gets in my head and won't leave. I've never been an opera fan, but the music and voices in this musical are awesome. Okay, you can laugh now.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
sunivy said:
You guys are going to make fun of me, but my kids have been watching Andrew Lloyd Weber's "The Phantom of the Opera," and the music from it just gets in my head and won't leave. I've never been an opera fan, but the music and voices in this musical are awesome. Okay, you can laugh now.

I started listening to this in high school and after seeing the show in Atlanta (@ the beautiful Fox Theatre) I was instantly hooked. Most of it is quite relaxing, you would be suprised how often music from the phantom is played

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
my musical taste range is very wide.
i love old hardcore, namely Bad Brains.
love Reggae.
love classical (mostly from the romantic period, like schubert, chopin, lizst, medolssohn)

LasciviousXXX

One Bad M.F.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm currently listening to Rage Against the Machine's "Battle for Los Angeles" but later on I'll probably listen to a little Sinatra, cause the Chairman always instills a good sense of comfort and relaxation.

fvfanmc

Wanna see my new watch??
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am older than most of you, so what / who I listen you probably never heard about. :popeyes: :stretchgr

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Bickley, a now-defunct local punk band. With great hits such as... Pink Power Ranger who could not like them?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Yeah, Vipe's all about the Pink Power Ranger. Hehehehehehe...

I'm boring folks...I listen mostly to the radio. Though over the weekend I got on an Edwin McCain kick. Absolutely love his first album.