What's new

What are you listening to?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Various artists - The Waimea Music Festival
Rock 'n roll has Woodstock, in Hawaii, we have the Waimea Music Festival to remember fondly.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Last couple of days - all 3 of the Sunday Manoa albums with Peter Moon, Robert and Roland Cazimero.
Some of the best traditional contemporary Hawaiian music...ever. And yes, I realize "...traditional contemporary..." is a bit of an oxymoron. :unsure:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Highlights comp disc from Free's box set "Songs of Yesterday"
I've said it before but Paul Kossoff was a very underappreciated guitarist.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Eric Clapton - Double Image, Part 2 - October 15, 1998 - Earl's Court, London
Terrific soundboard recording and a great performance.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Joe Jackson - 1979-1980 Tour Compliation
I think Joe’s performed twice in Hawaii but for the life of me, can’t remember if I ever saw him live.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Leon Bridges - Coming Home
This young man can sing! Saw him on Austin City Limits a few weeks ago. His voice and style (...old R&B...) immediately caught my attention. Tight band too. Looking forward to seeing what he does next.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Kalapana - cuts from their first two albums.
Second most popular Local Contemporary group behind Cecilio & Kapono in the mid-70s.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, what is everyone listening to lately? When I'm not listening to the Wiggles with my 3 year old, I have been listening to a lot of Debussy lately. Very unlike me, most classical music I listen to involves copious amounts of loud brass playing. Maybe I'm mellowing in my old age now that I just turned 40.
Harry Partch...Delusion of
Well, what is everyone listening to lately? When I'm not listening to the Wiggles with my 3 year old, I have been listening to a lot of Debussy lately. Very unlike me, most classical music I listen to involves copious amounts of loud brass playing. Maybe I'm mellowing in my old age now that I just turned 40.
Harry Partch... Delusion of the Fury