What's new

What are you listening to?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Parliament - Mothership Connection

Back in 1975 when this album was released, it was too funky for me. Just a poor 3rd generation Japanese-American boy enjoying college life and blues-based rock 'n roll. I have a vague remembrance of a couple of Parliament and Funkadelic albums being available to play in the records store I worked at but I was more apt to put on "Live at Fillmore East" than either of those two albums. Now, almost 50 years later, I realize I missed out on enjoying them in my youth.

ParliamentMothershipConnection.jpg

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Great tunes man! Those dudes have a nice setup...I'm jealous. Since we moved in '16 I haven't had room to set up my tables , but heres a photo of them at the old house.
Windows overlooking the backyard...I miss it so much! They're sitting out in the shipping container collecting dust. Hopefully not for long.

Last edited:

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It is great to see a DJ doing some blending and scratching. Too many just stand around and play the tracks, these days.
This dudes playing 'records' which is probably the biggest difference imo. He can't use software to cue up records and beat match. This is real DJing.
A lot of the DJ's I see nowadays are pushing buttons and tweaking knobs their entire set, cuz they don't have to rush through their records to find the next tune.
Modern DJing is just to easy. it's not an art form anymore.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This dudes playing 'records' which is probably the biggest difference imo. He can't use software to cue up records and beat match. This is real DJing.
A lot of the DJ's I see nowadays are pushing buttons and tweaking knobs their entire set, cuz they don't have to rush through their records to find the next tune.
Modern DJing is just to easy. it's not an art form anymore.
This video makes me want to open a cigar shop. Can you imagine a place doing this every Friday or Saturday night? I don't know if it would draw a huge crowd but it would be awesome.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
A part of me wonders if Hollywood messed him up that bad or if he just never learned to say no to a little snow. One thing for sure, he has no shame.
I know he had a messed up childhood for sure. I'm stoked for him making music, cuz I'm sure it helps him a lot, but I'm just not getting it.